ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

race car abs removal

bob the builder

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
right i am pulling the engine and box out of my 182 race car so i am looking at removing a few non essentails.
i have tried searching for info but i am struggling.
what do i need to convert?
cheer for any help

If your using a cup bracket and removing pas aswell you can use a 825mm Conti belt

Also for abs removal I've got a cup master cylinder and with run ford pressure reducing valves to the read calipers, a bias valve or the cup compensator valve (very little braking effort)

I've just swapped the whole braking system from my crash damaged cup over to a 182 shell, but I've used my looms from the cup to make sure everything works spot on and won't have any issues.
As above, Master cylinder and compensator from a cup, I chose to run all my old lines and calipers as well. Loom swapped along with ecu and all the associated gubbins, mainly as I needed it as it wasn't included with the shell. Just a word of warning, if you're changing your engine loom to a cup one, you'll need the rear loom as well as the connector block is different (the one next to the bonnet release handle).

I have also just re-read the thread title and realized you're probably going to be running standalone so this was a waste of time.

bob the builder

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
thanks for the replys. sounds like too much like a pain in the arse so will leave the abs for now.
cheers rob

bob the builder

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
no nothing like that. got to get the gearbox refurbed as starting to crunch so thought i would whip the engine out at the same time and do a little wieght saving for next year as there should be a little more competition in the production class.
you had any joy with with your rear issues?

You not thinking going into production plus (when more info get released)

Not touched the car since Castle Combe been too busy with work, however I do plan to replace the rear springs this week that I had custom made and also a replacement T7 heater that's been sent out free of charge (as mine split at Combe), apart from that alls needed is geo and corner weight done on Saturday and will be good to go.

Surprised your not doing Snett though Bob

bob the builder

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
no staying prodution for next year but if not enough competition then will upgrade to pro plus.
would of loved to do snett but not enough funds with the gearbox issue.

I have everything you need for sale btw.

MC, lines and compensator valve. All good condition.

£80 collection from Newbury/London.

seanconnolly

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
My abs just stopped working one day and I've never fixed it 6 track days later I prefer it with no abs, am I being lazy in not ' converting ' my 182 to the 172 cup set up or will it not hurt with the way it is now

It was the cup set up, but don't think it's for sale anymore. As I was buying some braided lines, but ended up with just copper now.
Ahh right, no worries.

I probably will end up making up the braided lines and running them through the interior via bias valve and hydraulic handbrake.

Would be a lot easier buying them already made ready to fit!

Yep have a look at my project thread, exactly what I've just done.

Yeah braided lines are expensive though plus the unions are more expensive than normal copper unions.
But braided is a lot nicer looking, and I think actually easier to plumb in the unions.