ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

R5 to Clio

172 ph1, r5, clio16v
No harder than changing one in a clio.
Are you fitting a k4m to a r5 or does it already have one in and you want to take it out?
To fit the k4m the easiest way I have found is to use mounts off a 1.7 r5 or a diesel that bolt to the subframe, If using the clio gearbox the back mount needs to be fabricated and most have the bolt holes for the r5 mounts. Or use an r5 turbo box or similar and mounts won't be a problem. Would recommend fitting the engine steady from the lower front of a gt turbo or gtx r5 as well. The exhaust manifold fits just nicely over the top of the subframe if you turn the brace in the middle of the arb upside down but will need modification to the down pipe to clear the body.
Hope this helps.

R5 Campus
No harder than changing one in a clio.
Are you fitting a k4m to a r5 or does it already have one in and you want to take it out?
To fit the k4m the easiest way I have found is to use mounts off a 1.7 r5 or a diesel that bolt to the subframe, If using the clio gearbox the back mount needs to be fabricated and most have the bolt holes for the r5 mounts. Or use an r5 turbo box or similar and mounts won't be a problem. Would recommend fitting the engine steady from the lower front of a gt turbo or gtx r5 as well. The exhaust manifold fits just nicely over the top of the subframe if you turn the brace in the middle of the arb upside down but will need modification to the down pipe to clear the body.
Hope this helps.

Sure it help a lot.
im gonna fit a k4m on a R5 and before buying the engine i want to know it is hard or not.
So.
you say that to fit the block i can use the mount from a gtx(one problem solved)
you say that the rear can be fabricate to fit on the original mount of the R5(another problem solved)
the main problem is to fit the gearbox.
Are you saying that i can use a different gearbox?
Really?
Gearbox From which engine?
So the hole engine will fit on the subframe like the gtx and Gt turbo?
Thank a lot man!

R5 Campus
Ohhhhh..i just saw a thread with F4R on an R5,he use a gtx mount on front and blot a gt turbo box on!
Now i understand that the gearbox from a gtt or a gtx fits on the k4m.
Thanks you man,You help a lot.:D