ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

R27 Cliosport 197

Renault Clio 172 Sport
Hi all,

What do people think of these? Im looking for one of these R26/27 (not sure what that is).. in black.
I saw one at Renault but they wanted £16999 for it which i think is daylight robbery... Any idea the best place to find one?

Thanks
Chris

The renaultsport.co.uk forums are a good place for a dealer delivered one.

Depends if you want brand new or not. Otherwise Autotrader, Pistonheads or the market place on here.

R27 is the Clio and no longer in production. The R26 is the Megane.

What colour do you want? This one might be worth a look http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/349043.htm

Renault Clio 172 Sport
Im looking for a black one preferably...
Are they any good compared to the 172 / 182's? I have had 2 172's and loved them.. Are they ok on juice and comfortable? What MPG do you expect on motorways etc?

Turbo LY R27
They are excellent cars. I had a 182 and when i test drove it i just had to get 1! They are just as quick as the 17/182s and mine feels really tourqy and pulls like a train. amazing handling and the gearbox is so good, keeps you on cam so easily, if im really goin for it i never drop off cam below 5k. Seriously good fun cars! Do it mate.:)

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
yep i am another r27 owner and its ability to be thrown into corners and laugh them off is incredible and the brakes .. well 4.5s from 100-0 its supercar terretary!
Love it so refined as well

Turbo LY R27
I no what you mean on the corners mate, its silly how much grip it has! I love the car. the r27 is so accomplished i dont have a bad word to say about it.

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
mpg is the only negative.. but going on a wee run tomorra with a couple of 182's so gonna reset the trip and see if they will reset theres.. then we should get a reasonably fair comparison

Turbo LY R27
Yeah mpg aint great i suppose, but i didnt buy for ecoomy ha ha!:cool: worst ive had is 200 miles from gunning the whole tank, but i normally avereage 280-300, which aint to bad but could be better.:) Hope a remap might sort it a bit?:S

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
yeah i am averaging 250 miles to a tank as its used pottering through town for the missus to get to work and back... i wouldnt mind a remap but its hard to beleive that the £350 is justified by giving you back 5-9bhp

clio f1 team R27
love mine, great car, one of the best, i had a 225 and the clio is a much more fun car, handling superb, cant say nothing bad about it yes, could do with a bit more power but nothing a few mods wont sort out .

Tangoed Works
good to hear 197 owners enjoying their cars. there is a LY R27 marked as sold at renault ilford. was up for 13799 if that helps, might have gone for a little less.

Renault Clio 172 Sport
Thanks for the advise guys.
My dilema is this, I dont currently have a car, I start a new job in 3 weeks and they are giving me £4800 per year car allowance to get what i want. It equates to about 400 per month, I am going to be doing quite a bit of mileage which is why it holding me back.
So my choice is between a 197 R27 which i absolutely love, or a Megane 175 DCI Lux. I know what you are thinking, the DCI will be better on fuel, but then im thinking that I want something fun to drive doing these miles, I will be getting 25pence per mile back from the company, I suppose there are 2 things i should check!.
1) Will 25p per mile cover my fuel in a 197?
2) Are the clio's comfortable enough to use on long journeys
The other thing thats rattling around in my head is the amount of mileage im going to rack up. Its going to depreciate like hell?.
And then i think, well I would rather get the use out of something and to hell with the mileage.
Let me know your thoughts guys cause my head is well and truly screwed!.

Astra CDTI XP & ZX6R
Alright mate, the 172 s going well i see your moving onto a 197 now? Just do it i say, if there giving you the allowance for a car then does it really mater if its going to depreciate?

SLK 350
love mine, great car, one of the best, i had a 225 and the clio is a much more fun car, handling superb, cant say nothing bad about it yes, could do with a bit more power but nothing a few mods wont sort out .

Thats the thing though, a 'few mods' will give you bugger all unless you're looking at cams/tb's.

Renault Clio 172 Sport
Alright mate, the 172 s going well i see your moving onto a 197 now? Just do it i say, if there giving you the allowance for a car then does it really mater if its going to depreciate?

Hi Dean,

Glad to hear the car is going well. Ive not had another car since. I must say missing her like mad. I hope your still enjoying her and keeping her clean!. My missus has just bought a black one cause she loved my 172's that much. We had to travel to the ends of the earth for it though!.
Not sure if im going for a 197 but it just seems like a waste if someone is paying for a car, I want something fun although Im not sure i will enjoy fueling every 280 miles!.

Astra CDTI XP & ZX6R
Yes mate keeping it clean, just left it as it is realy apart from some new tires and plates. Not had a problem with it, im just going to get a service book for it now and try and trace some of the s/h

Renault Clio 172 Sport
Yes mate keeping it clean, just left it as it is realy apart from some new tires and plates. Not had a problem with it, im just going to get a service book for it now and try and trace some of the s/h

Yeah, would be worth getting the book.. That was one thing that nearly put me off buying the car but as id travelled so far for it and it was so clean I wasnt bothered.

Astra CDTI XP & ZX6R
yeah i wasnt bothad about it neither as it is very clean, just want it for when i come to sell it. Good luck with the r27 or what ever you decide to get mate

So my choice is between a 197 R27 which i absolutely love, or a Megane 175 DCI Lux. I know what you are thinking, the DCI will be better on fuel, but then im thinking that I want something fun to drive doing these miles, I will be getting 25pence per mile back from the company, I suppose there are 2 things i should check!.
1) Will 25p per mile cover my fuel in a 197?
2) Are the clio's comfortable enough to use on long journeys
The other thing thats rattling around in my head is the amount of mileage im going to rack up. Its going to depreciate like hell?.
And then i think, well I would rather get the use out of something and to hell with the mileage.
If your doing any miles I'd take the 175 Megan ever time.

Assuming you get 30mpg from the 197 (depending on driving style etc its possible on long drives so long as you don't do 100 etc) it will cost you about 14p a mile in fuel assuming £1.10 a liter the Megan dci will do about 45 so that 11p a liter. But its the other cost which will be the issue servicing and tyres etc. Although biggest killer will be the depreciation/lease costs.

The Megan is no short change and if your doing miles you just want to plod on a lot of the time I'd take the Megan its much better for motorway use etc and will seem quicker plus its still a great handling car and you can have the Cup suspension pack if you want (although it only affects the back as the front already has the "cup" suspenion)

I'd look at lease costs etc see what each will cost you.