ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

R19 chip will it fit clio 16v

clio williams, Ph1 172

Just wondered if anyone knows if the supervhips are the same for R19s amd clio 16Vs. Been offered one but not sure if they are the same.

Please somone let me know asap.

Cheers

Paul

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

It will blow your engine and set fire to your leather seats as soon as it is fitted mate........hehe no I dont have a clue matey, Iv read they are the same but I remember someone selling one on here and they mentioned it was for a 19 only!

clio williams, Ph1 172

Just looked on the website and its apparently the same chip for both. The lad sellin it says that its got the fitting instructions for the clio too so i think it should be ok.

Ive still got it Paul, was going to send it back to the guy I got it off, but if you want to try it, then let me know.

Ben

The ECU serial code is printed on the underside of the ECU. It begins with SH i think and then 7 or 8 digits. Be careful as the ECUs are different for the 91-93 clios as they are for the 93-96 models. Find out the ECU number from his 19 and if its the same as your clio it should be fine. I dont know if the ECUs are the same for the clios and 19s, but if your car year is different from his youve no chance anyay. The later clios had fuel cut of switches, the earlier ones had cold start injectors, and the ECU needs to be different for each.

By the way mine is a 92, but with a 93-96 ecu so dont assume that if the registration years are the same the ECU will be the same. The ECU on your clio should be underneath the vehicle jack, which is located at the back of the engine bay to the left underneath the front windscreen glass. Its dead easy to get it out and have a look at the serial code.

clio williams, Ph1 172

Got a BBR star chip from a Renault 19. Anyone know if it fits?

The numbers on the chips are as follows:

SC0186 WS50396

R19NM01 WEB

23/04/1996 RN

They came of a 93 Renault 19 16v with the same mods as mine. ie filter and zorst. Mines a 1993 registered in feb.

Anyone know if this is ok???