ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quote required please.

Rav4
Hi,

Need a quote, this job will not be undertaken, just want to see how much it would cost from you guys. Just need a rough figure, but base it on charging a client at company charges and not mates rates.

Install 5 servers in new dell 42u rack.
Cabling for servers on patch panel.
Create a new domain
Design an AD structure for 50 employees.
Install AD on new servers.
Install and configure exchange 2007 standard on a single box solution.
Install DHCP on new server.
Install printers on new server and get all the drivers working correctly, 12 printers.
Move mailboxes over from 2003 to 2007 on new domain.
Move public folders over.
Move 100gig data from old domain to new domain on single server.
Flatten firwall and reconfigure.
Rejoin all computers to new domain and sort profiles.

All work to be carried out on the bank holiday weekend just gone, 3 days worth.

Please note this is only one office.

Thank you :)

Titanium 182
Not cheap from us, and thats assuming the hardware is already supplied :eek:

Couldn't really give you a proper quote though so this reply is essentially useless.

Last edited:
  Rav4
Go on, hit me with it?

What's your daily rate? What do you charge for weekend work?

Not cheap from us, and thats assuming the hardware is already supplied :eek:

Couldn't really give you a proper quote though so this reply is essentially useless.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
3 days worth?! I'm assuming that you wouldn't allow for any mishaps or delays? :)

I'd personally get that lot setup in parallel (assuming that downtime was out of the question?) - or else put a lot of faith into virtual servers. Those have come on in leaps and bounds since we last created a domain.

D.

Rav4
Forget the three days.

Just tell me how much it would be :)

Basically, I got all that sorted and did work very hard, weekend in, long hours and so on, lots of prep, reading and so on, only got a measly bonus which the amount is insulting and I am annoyed.

Fiesta ST
Forget the three days.

Just tell me how much it would be :)

Basically, I got all that sorted and did work very hard, weekend in, long hours and so on, lots of prep, reading and so on, only got a measly bonus which the amount is insulting and I am annoyed.

I do this day in and day out - I never get a bonus ;) tis my job though tbh.

Rav4
This is internal work, didn't do it for a client.

As well as this, I do the cost savings, mobile phones, landlines, home support, PDA's, mobile users, websites, data management, databases and general stuff.

When you do many hours, you kind of want a bit of compensation ;)

I do this day in and day out - I never get a bonus ;) tis my job though tbh.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Nah, you get f**k all.

Sooner you learn this, the sooner you'll start doing the bare minimum unless someone agrees to put their hand in their pocket.

182FF with cup packs
Just for the firewall work, we would probably charge you £1000+ per man per day. If you wanted it done at a weekend you would be looking at twice that.

I'm doing a PIX cluster upgrade this saturday, and I'm getting £450 plus expenses for it. We have two engineers going to site, they're getting charged £4.5k for it.