ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quiet exhaust suggestions

clio 172 cup
Put the deposit down on a clio 172 cup today.

Everything seems fine apart form the exhaust is too loud, i couldn't do over 70mph due to the racket, so any suggestions as to what to replace it with, something less lairy and suitable for the motorway.

172 Cup
Put the deposit down on a clio 172 cup today.

Everything seems fine apart form the exhaust is too loud, i couldn't do over 70mph due to the racket, so any suggestions as to what to replace it with, something less lairy and suitable for the motorway.
I've got the ktec super quiet stealth on mine and it is nice and quiet pretty much what I imagine a standard one is like really the exhaust also seems well made and fits well

Hmmm not so sure on the k-tec supersport stealth being as quiet as an original. Certainly not as quiet as my old standard one. , i feel its still pretty loud at motorway speeds. Could be different for a non stealth though as the tip isnt pointing to the ground and resonating through the car.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Prospeed exhausts are not to loud, you can choose the tone to a certain extent.
give Charlie a call, its in Cardiff so I don't know if that helps you at all.

phase 1 flamer 172
Not got a cup but I have the k-tec ss super quiet stealth system, it is pretty quiet.

clio 172 cup
What about a milltek twin exhaust? There's one available 2nd hand for 200.

If it drones inside the car I'm not interested.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
I think you will find any branded exhaust like miltek, ktec etc are performance exhausts. You wont get a "quiet" one. Buy a standard exhaust? They are as pricey as the performance ones though.

clio 172 cup
Instead of standard eurocarparts do center section and back for £112, yes they are mild steel so will rust but then so will the originals.
If it lasts a year i'll be happy as it gives me more money to put into the suspension now.

BG Clio 182
Instead of standard eurocarparts do center section and back for £112, yes they are mild steel so will rust but then so will the originals.
If it lasts a year i'll be happy as it gives me more money to put into the suspension now.
The problem is the cars mate. A bit of drone is just down to the fact they are thin and very cheap! Sound deadening is poor too. That to me, is why I love mine though!

Pretty sure ktec do one on their website that's about 2 decibels louder than standard. Just have a look [emoji28]

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
I have a milltek with decat.

quiet at motorway speeds, i will be re-catting though so it shouldnt be lound at all then.

Ph1
Cheaper option could be just to stick decent sound deadening in the boot. Chap on here posted about doing it a while back and made a massive improvement.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
The Ktec/Janspeed mild steel super stealth is an ok option, its a budget exhaust though and from my experience of having two on different ph2's doesn't fit that well, it is however quite quiet! Had no problems with rust etc, build was fine for the price as well, either get that or a standard part.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
BTB is the one you want. check their website. has videos of clio 172 with it fitted. stealth and quiet, and superbly made.

Ph1
What ever you do don't get a Magnex if you want a quiet exhaust. A it weighs a tonne and B the drone at motorway speed is horrific.

172 Cup
The offbeat noise you describe as being a bit like a 5cyl is pure induction noise and has nothing to do with the exhaust a good induction kit will make the car sound like that even with a standard exhaust Imo the clio sounds best with a standard exhaust and an induction kit all most systems do is add drone but it's all down to personal preference

clio 172 cup
The offbeat noise you describe as being a bit like a 5cyl is pure induction noise and has nothing to do with the exhaust a good induction kit will make the car sound like that even with a standard exhaust Imo the clio sounds best with a standard exhaust and an induction kit all most systems do is add drone but it's all down to personal preference

Safe to say i'm not a fan of the drone, will be getting a patern part then when that rots out will of had more time to research stainless systems as well as more cash.