ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick reply needed please : Rear brakes

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Hi guys,

I'm just in the middle of changing my rear disks & pads, ive bought genuine Renault disks from yozzasport which include bearings and abs ring etc pre pressed.

When I took of the old rear disks I found this lurking around were id removed the disk. Do I need to keep this and if so which way does it need to be positioned? I assume I need to keep it as it doesn’t appear that the new disks come with whatever it is.

So if anyone knows what it’s called out of curiosity it would be appreciated and if you can tell me which way to install it...again appreciated :)

Thanks.

22032008102.gif

22032008101.gif

22032008100.gif

Audi TT 3.2 V6
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]the flat side (shown on the top pic) looks to me like it should make contact with the bearing and the curved part shown in pics 2 & 3 with the car side?
[/FONT]

Audi TT 3.2 V6
can you confirm which way is the right way rd fred? ive tried putting the disk on using it and my pads wont fit in the calliper unless i remove the thing in the pics above

Audi TT 3.2 V6
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica] all is ok...hmmm well not really.

bearings in the center of one disk have come loose and in turn shattered the spacer. so car is currently off the road and ive come to the conclusion of sod it, im getting the aa to tow it down to the garage on monday and let them sort it. gutted tbh.

on the plus side brembo max disks up front look sexy i guess lol
[/FONT]

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
but if you got new rear discs from yozza with the bearings pressed in and it shatted, isn't that a bit of a complaint to yozza ? and surely that thing you were holding was part of the original old bearing ? so surely you wouldn't need it on the new disks, i can't rememebr when i changed mine as it was a year ago, but i dont' remember having anything like that loose on my rear disks/hub.

also don't you remember how you removed it ? and did you have one loose the other side

Chocolate Bar™
unlucky russ. guessing we're all having bad luck at the mo as one of my FK spacers shattered this afternoon due to s**t fitment by the tyre place - just after they'd told me my driveshaft was fooked :(

Audi TT 3.2 V6
That part is nothing to do with the new parts mate!

quite right, although the bearings in the new disks have split and 1 half can now freely be pulled out by hand. as i say the cars currently un driveable so its easier to get the car towed to my neighbours garage and let him deal with it.

the parts yozza sold me are renault parts anyway so ill let the garage deal with renault direct, with it being a neighbour im sure hell show a bit of neighbourly spirit and try his best to get them replaced for me

Audi TT 3.2 V6
unlucky russ. guessing we're all having bad luck at the mo as one of my FK spacers shattered this afternoon due to s**t fitment by the tyre place - just after they'd told me my driveshaft was fooked :(

gutted for you middo. cars are great when they work, but a right royal pain in the ass when they go wrong :(