ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick Fix!

182 Full of Fat
Has anyone come up with a quick fix for the rear view mirror seal making a racket over 70MPH?

I fiddled with it yesterday and today anything over 60 is making that screeching noise! :mad:

It's a common problem so people must know some kind of fix

Cheers

PH1 172 Sport
The rear view mirror has no seal. It's stuck to the inside of the windscreen. Maybe your climate control fan (which I think is located above the rear view mirror) is getting noisy

182 Full of Fat
The rear view mirror has no seal. It's stuck to the inside of the windscreen. Maybe your climate control fan (which I think is located above the rear view mirror) is getting noisy

Well it's something located in the housing above the mirror. If I push up on the plastic where the mirror connects the noise will stop, driving me crazy lol

2001 Clio 172
Aye it's that fan. As far as im aware there isn't much you can do. Take cover off and fiddle about with it? Lol. Turn your music up dude! :D

PH1 172 Sport
I'm sure theres a guide in the members section on how to fix this (or at least a thread on it somewhere) I didn't really pay much attention to it as my car doesn't have climate control.

182 Full of Fat
cheers dude, I've had a quick look but didn't find anything....will look again.
It's never bothered me before, but in the next month I'm doing a lot of motorway driving so can see it getting on my nerves slightly lol