ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick coupling connectors thingys? What's the name?

172 Ph1
What the **** am I searching for, my google-fu is weak. Doing a bit of wiring and want something that after installed is easy and quick to connect and disconnect, so something similar to the exisiting connectors on the loom on the car... Can I buy these from screwfix/maplin? If so what are they called!? I could to use screw terminal blocks but I know when I come to move things about I'll hate the fact i've used screw terminals! Do a job do it properly lark....

Cheers! :D

Mk3 1.4 Dynamique
You could go to a scrap yard and just search for a connector that suits the bill, just cut the wires both sides and a bit of soldering :)

172 Ph1
I knooooow i could go to scrap yard tomorrow but its hassle around here, there aren't many close that will actually let me in properly... I only want a few so I just thought buying them would be fine for now.... I really didn't want to have to online order, anywhere I can walk in and pick up tomorrow (I have one day to do this and one day only! **** situation!) :D

Sweet. Fire out to SCB at newbridge and say you need a clip thing off a clio. They'll tell you where to find them then let you wander the yard as you please.

Mk3 1.4 Dynamique
I knooooow i could go to scrap yard tomorrow but its hassle around here, there aren't many close that will actually let me in properly... I only want a few so I just thought buying them would be fine for now.... I really didn't want to have to online order, anywhere I can walk in and pick up tomorrow (I have one day to do this and one day only! **** situation!) :D

Ah I see, luckily my local one (although okay it is about an 8 mile drive) is pretty good, usually everything I pick up there costs me "Fiver mate", they have gotten more strict recently about making sure you wear a hi viz and safety hat though haha. Tbh if I was going to buy some new ones I would check in with Maplins/DIY stores or better any local electrical store/wholesaler :)

172 Ph1
Right ok, a little bit of clarification, I'm actually right this very second in the outskirts of Liverpool and the scrap yards around here are ****. If i was in Edinburgh there are actually loads of decent scrappies around, last time I was at one in loan head i think I was pretty much left to it for about 5 hours completely dismantling the whole front end of an Almera! Love it.

Problem is I'm using my dads workshop and they've got loads of space and tools etc... but i'll be driving home tomorrow and I wont get the same opportunity to work on my car on the streets of Rodney Street lol... So that's why I wanna be able to pick something up tomorrow and fit it there and then and be done....

Hmmmm!!

172 Ph1
Ok it was so I could wire my new ph2 seats back up half decent (bare wires for just about everything), I might just bolt them in and head a scrappy in Edinburgh when i'm back and wire on the street won't really be too much of an issue. Deal with the airbag sign and no pre-tensioners on the way home :p