ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick brake bleeding question

RenaultSport 172
I'm about to replace the fluid in my 172 for RBF600. I have syphoned out most of the reservoir. My dad has lent me one of them ezebleed kits.
The problem is that the current fluid is quite new and will look a very similar colour to the new stuff. Just wonder how much I should bleed out of each caliper to ensure I have replaced the whole lot? As I won't notice the new stuff coming through

Thanks
Steve

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Should have got Ate Super-blue ;)

A litre will more more than enough mate, so 250ml through each corner will see you right. Start with furthest caliper away and don't let the reservoir run too low/empty.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Should have got Ate Super-blue ;)

A litre will more more than enough mate, so 250ml through each corner will see you right. Start with furthest caliper away and don't let the reservoir run too low/empty.

This mate, dont let the reservoir run dry or you will get air in the system. :(

FF Clio 182
Did mine yesterday along with racing lines, super is with the ATE fluid. Don't let master cylinder run dry, having to bleed that will make for a bad day.

RenaultSport 172
All done and road tested. Never bled brakes before but it was easy :) and no pedal pumping involved. I reckon I used about 750ml but it appeared to be a lighter colour coming out than the original stuff

FF Clio 182
All done and road tested. Never bled brakes before but it was easy :) and no pedal pumping involved. I reckon I used about 750ml but it appeared to be a lighter colour coming out than the original stuff

It's lighter because it is cleaner :) Yh I had a about the same, means you got some to top up or spare if you ever need any :)