ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Questions about Changing front breaks

Archtects

ClioSport Club Member
  Z34 370z Nismo
Im going to change my front breaks, I've been meaning to do it, finally going to get a few days to get some jobs sorted on the old girl.

Im changing the discs and pads for a brembro kit from kamracing, HC discs and some pads. I'd like to add braided lines. But do I need to change the calipers to fit braided lines? Or just slap a bit of paint on them to brighten them up a touch?

Is there anything I should keep in mind before going a head? I have a socket set. And some g clamps, do I need anything else? Other than my trusty hammer.

I imagine I'll need a bleeding kit. To do these changes. In which case anyone suggest some good breakfluid?

Clio Sport 182
Im going to change my front breaks, I've been meaning to do it, finally going to get a few days to get some jobs sorted on the old girl.

Im changing the discs and pads for a brembro kit from kamracing, HC discs and some pads. I'd like to add braided lines. But do I need to change the calipers to fit braided lines? Or just slap a bit of paint on them to brighten them up a touch?

Is there anything I should keep in mind before going a head? I have a socket set. And some g clamps, do I need anything else? Other than my trusty hammer.

I imagine I'll need a bleeding kit. To do these changes. In which case anyone suggest some good breakfluid?
Although I encourage work to be done at home, brakes (please note the spelling) might be something you want to get someone to assist you with for the first time (which I assume it is from the questions) being a critical safety component. To answer your questions, you should be ok with those tools, you don't need to change the caliper and if you have 2 people get some clear hose that'll fit over the bleed nipple to bleed (again, helpful if you have someone who has bled brakes before to show you). Alternatively a pressure bleeder is great of you are solo (which is what I use!). Finally, remember to watch the fluid level in the reservoir when you push that caliper pistons back and remove some of necessary or better yet, if the other parts are due for change over change the fluid too (probably easiest to drain, then fit braided lines, pads and discs then refill and bleed). Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Archtects

ClioSport Club Member
  Z34 370z Nismo
Although I encourage work to be done at home, brakes (please note the spelling) might be something you want to get someone to assist you with for the first time (which I assume it is from the questions) being a critical safety component. To answer your questions, you should be ok with those tools, you don't need to change the caliper and if you have 2 people get some clear hose that'll fit over the bleed nipple to bleed (again, helpful if you have someone who has bled brakes before to show you). Alternatively a pressure bleeder is great of you are solo (which is what I use!). Finally, remember to watch the fluid level in the reservoir when you push that caliper pistons back and remove some of necessary or better yet, if the other parts are due for change over change the fluid too (probably easiest to drain, then fit braided lines, pads and discs then refill and bleed). Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Ibe changed discs before on my 1.2, and I will be having my old man give me a hand probably used to do a fair amount of work with his various performance cars he's had in past. Thank you for the reply.

DO NOT DRAIN THE FLUID OUT!! You'l end up with air in the abs pump if you do that and then its a utter c*nt to bleed, just keep it topped up and dont let it run dry

Canary172

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Also, be careful not to shear the brake bleed nipples. Clean around the interface to the caliper, put some penetrating oil on there & leave to soak for a while, then crack off using a socket & rachet rather than ring spanner.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa