ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Question about rs tuner

F4r'd Clio 1.2 16V
Please move if in wrong section but thought it was most relevant.

just a quick question, when using the rs tuner is It possible to use the 98 RON map and pops and bangs? Or is it one or the other? If that makes sense

jack

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I thought it was the JMS over run map which was the 2 combined?! My over run map is certainly not the same as the 98 RON map with added noises...

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Doesn't the 98 RON map smooth out the 5k kick? I still have the kick.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
It pops but not as much as it used to. I have a lambda sensor on the way out though, not sure if that will affect it.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Same map other than the over run stuff.

I would advise against it personally its only ever going to do your car harm in the long run.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Would there be any particular reason why I still have the 5k kick? Just got the usual sheep mods.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Would there be any particular reason why I still have the 5k kick? Just got the usual sheep mods.

Your interpretation of how hard it kicks is different to someone elses perhaps?

Even with the RS Tuner map there is still a notable increase in torque at around 5Krpm, thats where the standard cams and standard inlet actually briefly work together really well, the RS Tuner map just partially fills in the torque hole beneath that point, but it cant work magic and give you 150lbft of torque at 3500rpm or whatever.

When people say it "smooths out 5k kick" they just mean you feel it a bit less, not that you achieve a flat torque curve, you dont!

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Ah, it may well have just smoothed out a bit then, still notice it the same as before though

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
If your cam timing is slightly out it can exagerate it by making you have even less torque under 5k.