ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Question about medianav in clio IV (2013 model)

Hi there, I'm looking into getting a 2013 or 2014 Renault Clio.

I've seen comments that people have problems syncing their android phones with it.

Is it possible to receive calls / stream music through spotify with an android phone?

Lastly I was wondering if the medianav for these cars still gets software updates or if support has been dropped?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
we had a 2014 with Medianav, Bluetooth is hopeless for music in it, calls are fine but music streaming is terrible, it pops and skips and is unlistenable! That's with iOS, Android, Windows phone, you name it! Its a hardware limitation of the unit and Renaults official fix was to tell customers to use an aux cable lol.
MediaNavEVO is much better and works spot on, that was available in some 16 plate cars and all 66 plates had it, the different colour icons on the home page are the give away.
The audio quality is also night and day I assume its a more powerful amplifier in it.
DAB Radio is also standard on EVO
outside temperature reading was also on the screen on EVO
heating controls also show up on the screen if you turn the temp up or down or switch the rear demister on etc

THIS IS MEDIA NAV
renault-services-multimedia-media-nav-002.JPG.ximg_.l_full_m.smart_.jpg

THIS IS MEDIANAV EVO
Rernault_MediaNav_Evolution_1.jpg

Software updates are done via MediaNav toolbox
MediaNav is at V4.1.0 and hasnt been updated for over a year
MediaNav evo is at V9.1.3 and was last updated about 6 months ago

MediaNav EVO has now been replaced with MediaNav EVO 2 in the latest cars which supports apple carplay and android auto, and is running Linux where the previous 2 were running Windows CE

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
@Martin_172 are they all interchangeable? The wife complains about the sound quality of hers, although it doesn't help that she has it on bloody loud and the speakers sound like they are blown! I might look at upgrading it if it's an easy swap.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
@Martin_172 are they all interchangeable? The wife complains about the sound quality of hers, although it doesn't help that she has it on bloody loud and the speakers sound like they are blown! I might look at upgrading it if it's an easy swap.
Yeah the unit makes the speakers sound blown. It they are fine. Apparently medianav Evo is an easy swap but you need a bit of extra wiring to make the dab work I was going to do our last one but ended up changing the car