ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quality tyres

Now i know this has been covered possibly 100 million billion times but I wanted to ask the question

Since having my 182 wheels repainted i noticed the passenger side front tyre is on 3mm of tread , now thats got me starting to look around for replacements !

Ive said i wanted Michelin PE 3s but looking they seam so expensive , i have 205,45 r 16s on the 182 at the moment , and they seam to be £102-£110 +vat each varying where i get them, which isnt absolutely obscene i know but still not cheap + fitting which i can sort !

My current tyres are ditch finder Eurogrip tyres lol i needed 4 when i bought it got them cheap ! and jokes aside in the dry they aren't that bad, in the rain , whole different story it lights up in 3rd and i know for a fact that is not because of the 180 raging horses lol !

The current tyres have done about 6,000 miles and are on 3mm so obviously they are either soft or my driving is to blame (could be i do like roundabouts)

What would people recommend in terms of all rounders ? i want good grip in the dry and rain , i dont mind paying for the Michelins if they really are that good but is there anything else people would recommend ?

Ive seen Toyo Proxys TR1s for £71 a tyre and people rate these half decent normally? what do you lot use?

Thanks guys
​Dean

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
The Toyo's won't last as long, so it's false economy. I'd pay for the top-notch now, you'll probably get it back long run. Running Pirelli Pzero's myself.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Pirelli P-Zero's or Conti SportContact3's if you don't want to go for the Michelin's. If they are still too expensive, Hankook V12 EVO's. As above, might as well pay the extra for decent rubber as at the end of the day it's the only thing between you and the black stuff.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
I got 4 Pzero's fitted for £380 a few months back, and that was including actually paying for the fitting, as I don't have a mate to do me it as a favour - that's 205/45/16 too, not the cheaper 195.

You could go 195 if you were looking to save a bit of cash, but again personally I just paid for the best I could, as not to regret it later thinking if I'd of spent 50 quid more I'd have better tyres.

Ahhh see this is what I needed ! Options boys lol ! I've heard bad thugs about handkooks in the rain! But pirellis I never even looked at :)

ill see what I can sort there ! I know continentals tend to be quite soft and if the toyos are too as said most likely false economy ! Will have a look now !

Really want to keep it on 205s don't fancy downgrading really I know it's only 10mm but it all helps !

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
The hankooks really are alright and at the price they are its a bit of a steal. I think for the road they are more than capable and are great in the wet and standing water. I just did Bedford on a near on knackered set and were fine!

107 Track Car & C4
Without starting a new thread, I'm in need of couple of new tyres for the front of my car, I was looking at Yokohama AD08's, are they worth the extra £25'ish over say P-Zero Nero's? (Prices taken from Blackcircles)

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Without starting a new thread, I'm in need of couple of new tyres for the front of my car, I was looking at Yokohama AD08's, are they worth the extra £25'ish over say P-Zero Nero's? (Prices taken from Blackcircles)

Dry grip will be a lot more, wet grip maybe slightly worse.

Probably won't last as long depending on how you drive on them.

107 Track Car & C4
Ok cheers, think I'm going to go for some P-Zero Nero's :)

In the end I went for a pair of Hankook V12's, only done about 40 miles on them since they were fitted yesterday, but they seem really good. A lot quieter than the T1-R's that I had on before, only time will tell if they last as long. (Did 16k on the T1-R's)

koi

Audi S1
Thought I would ask here rather than start yet another tyre thread.

Current tyres Bridgestone Potenza 91W but the Hankook V12's come in 95Y and XL, will this make a big difference? Note it's not for the Clio.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Thought I would ask here rather than start yet another tyre thread.

Current tyres Bridgestone Potenza 91W but the Hankook V12's come in 95Y and XL, will this make a big difference? Note it's not for the Clio.

Depends if 91W is correct speed and load rating for your car or not. If you just mean in terms of grip will it make a difference, then no.

KTM Xbow, Jag XF
Interesting, I have hankook V2 evos on mine and think they are rubbish. Didn't rate them in my 205 and they are just as bad on the Clio especially when damp. Just my view!