ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Putting a 1.6 engine in clio 1.2, 2002.

Clio 1.2
Ive just looked at a 1.6 engine on ebay that says it would fit my model of clio, Mines a 2002 1.2 authentique, Would it be hard to put it in and what sort of stuff would i need to change on my car?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
It always seems to cost more for a lower spec car 'upgraded' to a better spec (like the 1.2 to 1.6 in your case) than buying a 1.6 in first place. Also, make sure that the brakes are up to the job as I think that the 1.6 engined Clios had discs all round (could be wrong) and the 1.2 has drums on the rear.

Clio 1.2
Well im only 18 so cant afford insurance on 1.6, its £2800 for my 1.2, and the 182 engine is over £500 the 1.6 is £144.99 :p just wandering if it was worth it or not lol

www.renparts.co.uk
Not Just a case of replacing the bare engine, which im assuming is what you have seen for that Price. Brakes wouldn't need upgrading rear drums are easily up to the job.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
You can't afford to run a 1,6 so you're going to turn yours into a 1.6 and presumably not declare it?

Are you doing the spannering yourself ?