ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

'pushing 200bhp'

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Does this put you off car ads?

I've just been browsing cars on behalf of someone on here and came across this:

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/renault-clio-sport-182/109764760

I got to the 200bhp part and clicked off the link before I even realised I did it. Then went back to check how they got the power; map and exhaust as per usual.

Personally I'd steer clear of any ads that use a silly power figure (unless it had mods to suit) as a selling point.

opinions?

172 Cup
You know it's been tested to see if it's got 200bhp every time its been driven.. Knowing what I know now, I'd avoid!

Clio RS200 FF
I never believe anything on gumtree esp when I comes to cars. I don't know what it is about that site but I never trusted it. To the point where when I was selling my Focus ST I refused to put it on hunters. I used powerfigures to sell the focus but I had over 4k of receipts to back up the claims.

To be fair I'd steer clear of that car based on the stickers alone.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
ive never had any luck with gumtree myself with cars, just doing it to try and help someone.

ive noticed spelling puts me off too...

someone is selling a cheap rb on gumtree and 'its blowing hench the price' there were a lot more mistakes but its 'hench' that got me.

i can believe power figures from a focus... just not from a clio with an exhaust and generic map lol

Clio RS200 FF
I know what you mean with the spelling. When the focus was up I checked out the competition and somebody was selling one with 'Ricaro' seats and 'zeon' lights. It was a dealer too.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
That to me looks like its been in a bump with something hard. Can hardly see a gap between door and wing. Asking way to much for the condition of it aswell,

Whats the bets on its had a ' recent belt change ' ;)

As for 200bhp, my turbo would puff on that extra hp it apparently has lol

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
My car's pushing 200bhp, at the last RR day it made 173 at the fly,
173 is closer to 200 than it is to 100, ergo it's pushing 200bhp. :approve:

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I just knock a few hundred off what a car is worth to me if the previous owner is an obvious tool as it will normally be the case it hasnt been serviced properly etc.

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
Quite frankly if I was going for an older used car, I'd never buy one that was modified in any way, shape or form. Or one that didn't have service history

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
as above, I always give benefit of the doubt if the car looks good. but It does put me off somewhat. also also get a bit dubious if there is no mileage quoted..........

clio 182 sport
Does this put you off car ads?

I've just been browsing cars on behalf of someone on here and came across this:

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/renault-clio-sport-182/109764760

I got to the 200bhp part and clicked off the link before I even realised I did it. Then went back to check how they got the power; map and exhaust as per usual.

Personally I'd steer clear of any ads that use a silly power figure (unless it had mods to suit) as a selling point.

opinions?

Ha lol i know this car, the fella selling it works at my place :) its had a hard life lol.