ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Push Start button and keyless entry

Clio Sport 182
Okay so I was looking on the internet and I have found that you can get keyless entries and push start buttons for 182's. I was wondering has anyone installed either of these before and if so could you link me the one I am looking for?
Many Thanks
​Zack

Clio Sport 182
I am also looking for something where I just need to have the key on me for the engine to start not necessarily have the key in the ignition... anyone know if this is even possible?

Clio Sport 182
I want one where you dont have to insert the key... is this possible? Like where you can have a fob on you and it will start... is this possible?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
You would still need the key to turn off the steering lock, unless you plan on removing that too?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Are you really sure you want to ruin your car like this?
And have you checked with your insurers how they feel about you doing so?

Yes its perfectly possible to just remove the whole barrell and put the ignition on a switch.

Clio Sport 182
I will do so in the morning. Will this switch do everything that I need though? Will this be possible?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Its perfectly possible to do what you want, but the key things you need to consider are that the key is both an immobiliser key and the steering lock key, so you will need to remove the barrel to stop it being a steering lock, and then tape the key to the column so its close enough to the transponder ring so that it disables the immobiliser.

Then you need a high current switch to turn the car on and off.

Thats what you need to do to get the car to run with no key.

Then you can start all on his keyless entry and whatever else you want, but obviously insurance companies dont generally like it when you disable what is a VERY good immobiliser like that.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
I imagine you could use the setup form the 200 as that has the wireless keycard. Along with a lot of other Renault models as well obviously megane, twingo etc).

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Just opening your car up to theft more and more with keyless entry.

In terms of a retro fitted homemade system (especially when fitted by someone who clearly doesnt know much about what they are doing) I would have to agree with that.