ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

pure motersport solid top mounts

172 turbo & BMW 1m
sounds good ,i didnt want to spend £130 and they wont fit lol, are they worth the cash?

clio 172 phase 2
Hell yea ! Made a big diffrence mate steering response is really good . Id recomend the strut brace too mate as its easier to fit with it .

172 turbo & BMW 1m
ordered mine today:p, they said they should be with me tomoz so thats good, the guy was good to deal with aswel

clio 172 phase 2
Ye they wer pretty much straight forward mate , but i had a problem
With mine as the strut turret was worn away at one side so was a bit of a hassle to get it all straight etc . Wish i got thw brace tho

Gman

ClioSport Club Member
  Mt10 Zx6r golf tdi
And i will be ordering a set very soon. along with the strut brace too.

Gman

ClioSport Club Member
  Mt10 Zx6r golf tdi
Ordered mine on tuesday, arrived yesterday and fitted today.

Very nice fit, it was made a little harder to fit as renault had done their bodge on the top mounts by oval-ising the hole a bit. Got there in the end though and also gave me a opportunity to get the camber bolts in.

A crap phone pic but gives an idea for those who haven't come across pictures of these before.

IMG_0327.jpg

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
you can but its very tight, i had non standard bolts in mine and they sat a tad higher so wouldn't fit with clearance, but IMO the engine covers just tidy up a dirty engine and i prefer them without now :)

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
iv got a set of their top mounts waiting to go on, didnt get the strut brace, not much point for driving around town imo.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
because the top mounts i have are shot, knocking like f**k so instead of getting standard ones i went for solid ones, couldnt justify another 100 notes on a strut brace as i said for town driving

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Fred have you fitted one of these before? What are the differences to front end feel?

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
so pure motorsport top mounts and strut brace + whiteline ARB and KW coilovers = awesome handling clio?

Does anyone know if the v6 airbox will fowl on the strut brace if mounted clio cup racer style straight off the throttle body

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
cheers fred, now youve got me wanting to buy the bloody strut brace as well now!!

Rocket 3,CB-1,Yaris
these top mounts plus strut brace plus whiteline arb = lovely handling anyway

I remember after i had Fred fit the above my car was completely different, so tight on the turn

Focus RS + S3
think im going to get a set this week, will they fit onto my ktecs and most coilovers?
reason i ask is i want to fit them to my ktecs until i get a new set of coilovers and dont want to faff about making things fit?

cheers

RB182CUP-FF

ClioSport Club Member
  2118's RB 182 CUP
think im going to get a set this week, will they fit onto my ktecs and most coilovers?
reason i ask is i want to fit them to my ktecs until i get a new set of coilovers and dont want to faff about making things fit?

cheers

if your changing your coilovers soon i'll be interested in buying you'r ktecs