ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Puddle in boot, AGAIN!! Help please :)

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
So I have found more water in my boot, so it cant be the light clusters as I originally thought as they are all 100% now. Where else can it be coming from? There seemed to be more standing water on the left hand side, but the carpet was much wetter on the right hand side with less standing water, so im guessing its fairly equal both sides. I have checked the seals all around the boot, that seems fine. I have lowered the roof lining and all seem dry in there to. where else could it be coming from?!?!?! :S

Blobeye WRX STi W/T
I had/have this problem.. Mine comes through the little part on the roof above the rear passenger side windows (there's a small strip of plastic that can be removed and the water was getting in through a seam there)

Get someone to stay in the car and pour water over certain areas until you notice the water coming through... then you'll know where it's coming from.. or pour talc over the boot and run water over everywhere then you'll see where the water is coming from.. (the talc can easily be vacuumed up after)

Blobeye WRX STi W/T
pull it :)

Use a knife wrapped in tissue or cloth not to damage the paint.. I filled under this trim with silicone sealant (It's covered anyways so doesn't look bad).. helped loads but i still have a small leak somewhere, Used to empty around a litre of water from the wheel well every month (rainy months obviously) now i haven't emptied it since doing it (but it's still slightly damp in my boot when it rains)

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
I havent got anywhere near a litre! Maybe 100ml max?! Maybe its not this then, I will still pop it out and have a look :) thanks for the info.

Any other areas that could cause a 100ml puddle?

Civic Type R
If you open the boot and look at the boot door you will see two bump stops, there are plastic gromits where these bump stops touch the cars bodywork. Water can come in through these, it was on mine, little bit of sealant should sort it.

Evo 8 MR
I get this too, would the watering can thing work? I only seem to get any in when it rains quite heavy.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
If you open the boot and look at the boot door you will see two bump stops, there are plastic gromits where these bump stops touch the cars bodywork. Water can come in through these, it was on mine, little bit of sealant should sort it.

I took these out today and one was wet on the underside, I will pop some sealet around it and see if that works :)