ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PSP Homebrew

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
I think this is ok, since homebrew for PSP is just like the jailbreak for the iphone which we're 'allowed' to talk about.... has anyone done the pandora battery firmware downgrade here? anyone with experience of it?

i'm thinking about doing it to my psp but there are like 1000's of guides out there, most of which are out of date.

Anyone?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I think this is ok, since homebrew for PSP is just like the jailbreak for the iphone which we're 'allowed' to talk about.... has anyone done the pandora battery firmware downgrade here? anyone with experience of it?

i'm thinking about doing it to my psp but there are like 1000's of guides out there, most of which are out of date.

Anyone?

Yes. :cool:

To be fair, the biggest benefit I had was to transfer my existing UMD games onto a memory stick. Some of them had really excessive disc access (imo)- which not only took time, but was noisy and drank the battery in no time at all.

I've got a couple of 4GB memory sticks now and similar to an iTunes library with an iPod, I just chop and change the ISO images as and when. Works really well.

D.

Bumder With A Buffer
I bought one of the datel ones from amazon when i did mine. Was about 12 quid. Certain batteries can't be pandorered.

E39 530i
yep worth doing think im on M33 5.00 or something like that using a fat old school psp. would also like to know the latest one to get. Been playing god of war on my psp lately GOOD GAME!

Bumder With A Buffer
Only thing to be careful of is that certain newer games require the latest custom firmware on to play...this then makes some older ones not work.

Think I'm running m33 genb or something. Took it on holiday and was playing altered beast (from megadrive!) and alex kid! Awesome!

Only thing to be careful of is that certain newer games require the latest custom firmware on to play...this then makes some older ones not work.

Think I'm running m33 genb or something. Took it on holiday and was playing altered beast (from megadrive!) and alex kid! Awesome!

if ou update it to the latest 5.50 gen d3
you can play every game out

heres a vid how to update
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxwE_VvMnEM

David,
do this to see what firewre your on
go to Settings-System Settings-System Information

.if its 5.03 or under you dont need a pandora battery.I know lots bout psp so ask anything:)

Nissan 350z
Aparently because my PSP2000 is a newer model i cannot permanently homebrew mine so to speak. So i just always put it into sleep mode and it retains it. Only when it powers off does it revert back to factory settings.

Its no biggy however as i can re-do it in under a minute with Chik-hen and CFLoader (think i spelt those correctly)

Don't buy a pandora battery at all. U don't need it. Since ure on 3.75.
I'll post a reply later to tell you how to update to homebrew. All u need is a memory card.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
doesn't work for me, the eggsploit.tiff file never loads properly. loads up, shows the loading pic icon, then turns off. turn it back on, same firmware. guess i'll have to pandora afterall

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
disregard my last, it's sorted mate, thanks for that, i'm on gen-d3.... might pm you for a bit of help!!! no idea what to do now.

Bumder With A Buffer
I checked my PSP and I am actually running the d3 version.

Something I haven't sorted out is my themes. I used to have an awesome black theme that that was in the flash0 part of the memory but that doesn't work anymore.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
was looking at doing that, but it looks hard as nails! so f**k it, happy with it with above