ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PSN?!

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
well just been checking my emails and passwords, my paypals a slightly different password.

Evo 5 RS
I wouldn't be too worried about fraud if I'm honest, I'm almost sure it's a cover story. Sony haven't got a fcuking clue what they are doing when it comes to this sort of thing. I'd bet you 50 notes it's something to do with the cross platform functionality between steam, and they're reinstalling everything. Anonymous are saying for once this isn't anything to do with them

Bus w**ker
It's a hell of a cover story to run with, possibly losing 70 million users personal details and financial information. Not saying you're wrong, as let's be honest the truth about this mess will never come out, but if this is all bullshit the truth must be REALLY bad. Said to be the largest commercial loss of personal data in history.

If this has all been managed over the Dev network then that means that Sony has basically been giving away all their users information to Developers for the past five years. Thanks Sony lol.

Mountune Tractor
What should we all be checking then guys? The mail account that was linked to my PSN ID was deleted a while back.

I'm going across to XBL once my PS3 packs up, seems to be one thing after another recently.

Nothing at the mo :(
I think i may be ok. The 2 e-mails i used for PSN are just FOR psn i dont use em for anything else. So all they are getting is a e-mail and a adress with nothing in it lol

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Bloody hell, this will hit Sony HARD.

Crazy. I've got a 360 and a PS3 and use the PS3 for movies, media playing and Uncharted games. Any idea what I should be checking, password wise?

I love Lamp
They have to say this stuff to cover themselves really and play to the worst outcome. I think I use my hotmail email for my PSN anyways and that constantly gets hacked so they can have fun between themselves.

SonyIsntGoodWithComputers.gif

:D

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
Valued PlayStation Network/Qriocity Customer:

We have discovered that between April 17 and April 19, 2011, certain PlayStation Network and Qriocity service user account information was compromised in connection with an illegal and unauthorized intrusion into our network. In response to this intrusion, we have:

1) Temporarily turned off PlayStation Network and Qriocity services;

2) Engaged an outside, recognized security firm to conduct a full and complete investigation into what happened; and

3) Quickly taken steps to enhance security and strengthen our network infrastructure by re-building our system to provide you with greater protection of your personal information.

We greatly appreciate your patience, understanding and goodwill as we do whatever it takes to resolve these issues as quickly and efficiently as practicable.

Although we are still investigating the details of this incident, we believe that an unauthorized person has obtained the following information that you provided: name, address (city, state/province, zip or postal code), country, email address, birthdate, PlayStation Network/Qriocity password and login, and handle/PSN online ID. It is also possible that your profile data, including purchase history and billing address (city, state, zip), and your PlayStation Network/Qriocity password security answers may have been obtained. If you have authorized a sub-account for your dependent, the same data with respect to your dependent may have been obtained. While there is no evidence that credit card data was taken at this time, we cannot rule out the possibility. If you have provided your credit card data through PlayStation Network or Qriocity, to be on the safe side we are advising you that your credit card number (excluding security code) and expiration date may have been obtained.

For your security, we encourage you to be especially aware of email, telephone, and postal mail scams that ask for personal or sensitive information. Sony will not contact you in any way, including by email, asking for your credit card number, social security, tax identification or similar number or other personally identifiable information. If you are asked for this information, you can be confident Sony is not the entity asking. When the PlayStation Network and Qriocity services are fully restored, we strongly recommend that you log on and change your password. Additionally, if you use your PlayStation Network or Qriocity user name or password for other unrelated services or accounts, we strongly recommend that you change them, as well.

To protect against possible identity theft or other financial loss, we encourage you to remain vigilant to review your account statements and to monitor your credit or similar types of reports.

We thank you for your patience as we complete our investigation of this incident, and we regret any inconvenience. Our teams are working around the clock on this, and services will be restored as soon as possible. Sony takes information protection very seriously and will continue to work to ensure that additional measures are taken to protect personally identifiable information. Providing quality and secure entertainment services to our customers is our utmost priority. Please contact us at www.eu.playstation.com/psnoutage should you have any additional questions.

Sincerely,
Sony Network Entertainment and Sony Computer Entertainment Teams

Sony Network Entertainment Europe Limited (formerly known as PlayStation Network Europe Limited) is a subsidiary of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited the data controller for PlayStation Network/Qriocity personal data

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
If this has all been managed over the Dev network then that means that Sony has basically been giving away all their users information to Developers for the past five years. Thanks Sony lol.

It is interesting from an IT security pov if this is the case, some of the golden rules are keep your devs away from your production systems and make sure any dev data is sanitised!

Will be interested to see if the details of what actually happened ever come out, as they will need to comply with PCI DSS so having all the data taken is rather bad.

AG 200 cup
Thankfully I deleted my card details off my account at the start of the month. Does anyone have any news on when it's going to be back online?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Will PSN delete all info on the PS3 so you can start fresh or will the data still be on there so you can change what ever you want?

f**k me. I knew PSN was s**t, but I had never understood just how s**t :(

On balance, I'm happy paying the pittance that it costs to use the awesome XBL :approve:

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I lost my wallet over the weekend so my bank details have changed anyway.

I cancelled my switch card this morning just to be safe, looks like another evening of masterchef and then series 6 of sopranos for me tonight

Clio 1.2 16v
I cancelled my switch card this morning just to be safe, looks like another evening of masterchef and then series 6 of sopranos for me tonight

or you could hop onto the MW2 forum and check the repost of the legendary C4 quad lol

Good job i used the missus e-mails for my PSN.

My brother has XBL he plays ultimate team and MW2 he always get hacked as people want all his coins on ulimate team. He had to phone Xbox last week to change his password so he could get back in, he then had to change his Msn and facebook as they hacked into that. In the past year he has been hacked 3 times.

Golf R/Leon FR
I think I have an old card registered on psn? And my password on there is different to my amazon, hotmail etc. I should be ok...I hope.

Good job i used the missus e-mails for my PSN.

My brother has XBL he plays ultimate team and MW2 he always get hacked as people want all his coins on ulimate team. He had to phone Xbox last week to change his password so he could get back in, he then had to change his Msn and facebook as they hacked into that. In the past year he has been hacked 3 times.
You can't really hack a Xbox live account as it just a gamertag linked to a windows live account. To sign on you need to recover that account to an Xbox by providing a the windows live details. Its typically the windows live account that gets hacked and that is then used to access the gamertag.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
6 years and never had my xbox account hacked, if you're stupid and put details in motto's and bio then expect it to happen. Simple as that I think

AK

M240i
6 years and never had my xbox account hacked, if you're stupid and put details in motto's and bio then expect it to happen. Simple as that I think

:(

My credit card details are in my Bio and my motto is the 3 digits on the back of my card :(

You can't really hack a Xbox live account as it just a gamertag linked to a windows live account. To sign on you need to recover that account to an Xbox by providing a the windows live details. Its typically the windows live account that gets hacked and that is then used to access the gamertag.

As you can tell i dont use xbox i just listen to my 15year old brother moaning as he has nothing to do now and is exposed to the sunlight.

Let's be honest. Nothing on the internet is "hacker" proof these days. If someone wants to get in they will. So every time we use our cards or paypal etc etc we're opening ourselves up. I'm not worried about psn being hacked on that basis tbh.

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Sony just seem to be hit one after another, first a law suit and there shipped stock gets confiscated, then they lose warehouses in japan and now this... I've not been on PSN in months but knowing my luck...