ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PS4 / Pro] Gran Turismo Sport

I did that Tokyo Gr4 race yesterday twice, came 2nd first time due to poor pit strategy then won the next one.

I used the GT86 Gr4, just quick enough down the main straight but mega in the twisteeezzzz. I’m sure my quickest lap in that was a 2:11.3 or something.

I leaned out the fuel map in the bends then knocked it back up for the straight. When you pit you then have more fuel to start with so spend less time refuelling. Won it by about 4 seconds.

@MrBlonde
@OssPoop
@AlfaDan

Alfa 159 TI, 172 Cup
I did that Tokyo Gr4 race yesterday twice, came 2nd first time due to poor pit strategy then won the next one.

I used the GT86 Gr4, just quick enough down the main straight but mega in the twisteeezzzz. I’m sure my quickest lap in that was a 2:11.3 or something.

I leaned out the fuel map in the bends then knocked it back up for the straight. When you pit you then have more fuel to start with so spend less time refuelling. Won it by about 4 seconds.

@MrBlonde
@OssPoop
@AlfaDan

I do the same with regards to the map , I even go as far as leaning it out to 6 once I’m up to speed down the straight , I think my fastest time in the fez was around the 1:11 aswell . I’ll try the GT86 next time I’m on . Iv won a couple of them too. The other day I couldn’t lose on the track but in reverse ,same around brands hatch in an Alfa 4c won by some 9sec with a spin or too with wearing tyres.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Dont think it matters what car you pick,never works our balanced!.

As i see the Lambo was main car on the Gt online,so used that and couldnt keep up with a megane.Then i swaped to the megane and lambos caught up with me haha!...just dont think the dragon tail is my track

Dont think it matters what car you pick,never works our balanced!.

As i see the Lambo was main car on the Gt online,so used that and couldnt keep up with a megane.Then i swaped to the megane and lambos caught up with me haha!...just dont think the dragon tail is my track

I did that GT4 race last night, had a horror in qualifying, started in 17th and finished 3rd, I was some 16 seconds adrift of the leader because I had to fight through the field.

Trusty GT86 Gr4 again, just find it really well balanced and good for getting on the power early out of the tighter stuff. Quickest lap was a 1:48.1 [emoji1303] give the Toyota a shot and see how you get on!

@MrBlonde

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Im sure ive got that Gt86 mate,will give it ago.
Bought a Gr4 Lambo the other day and the Z4.
Im going on soon,so see what tracks are on the Gt online,i seem to like cars that are stable and have good brakes,seems to suit me.

@AS_BO

GT86 has great brakes, I overtook most people under brakes last night into the first chicane on dragon trail, then the others through the last one before the tunnel, I’m pretty much flat through there in the Toyota.

Very balanced car with pretty much no understeer, and a whiff of oversteer on exit. I love it, probably one of my favourite cars on the game [emoji1303]

@MrBlonde

Yeah mate

Gr3 at Kyoto driving park 3 lap

Gr4 at Nurburgring 24hr 2 lap

I might do the Gr3 Edurnace challenge at Monza 30laps!!

Cool, I’ll be on about 6:30 and I’m gonna do all of them, they all sound class especially the endurance race at Monza [emoji1303]

Is it fixed settings as normal? How far are you off the pace?

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
For gawds sake! I've just come off warframe to play gt and it won't connect.
05a95a7f699cefff9c1f2fc29cb99e5d.jpg

Alfa 159 TI, 172 Cup
Back from a weekend away, and I’m looking forward to trying the higher powered cars if there still on

Alfa 159 TI, 172 Cup
Working here, managed 9th in my first burg 24hr 2lap without pitting , some t**t piled into me at the carousel and span me costing a lot of time on the first lap. Just waiting for gr4 race to start now, quali 9th 1:44.441 C/C

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Ok so whats everyones top 3 cars in Gr3 & Gr4?,also what ones have disappointed you and surprised you?
The mclaren 650 GR3 was a massive disappointment, I just couldn't keep it on the Nurburgring! The Beetle GR3 is the complete opposite, and it sounds brilliant too.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
OK so looking at my garage now, GR3 I like the M6, the C7, the FT-1 and the Beetle. The NSX and 650s I did not get on with at all, but they both look sweet! The GTR Nismo and the AMG GT both feel slower than they should be. I've yet to try the Viper, Mustang, Vantage and Citroën GT.
Gr4 I've not used very much. The TT I've used a bit and like. I did the Ferrari race with the 458 but it's detuned so the regular one was faster! The mazda Atenza is better than it should be and worth a try. I have Nissan GTR, Pug RCZ and Toyota 86 still to test.

Biggest waste has to be the Gr.X cars. What are you supposed to do with those?

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
I like the Vipers and not yet to try the Pug & M6 will have to tonight.
I signed with jag & pretty inpressed so far.
Yeah theres no use for the Grx cars at the moment,hopefully that will change.
Ive been finding it hard using the Gr cars then going to the normal cars.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Really annoying me now!.i think i may of gone up a class or something,as i cant get out of the bottom for s**t now,no matter what car or how hard i try.
I cant even catch anyone in the races:confused:

I cant see how they just pull away or take corners so quick!.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Really annoying me now!.i think i may of gone up a class or something,as i cant get out of the bottom for s**t now,no matter what car or how hard i try.
I cant even catch anyone in the races:confused:

I cant see how they just pull away or take corners so quick!.
Lol, time to lose a few races then.
I did an endurance with the GR3 Aston the other day and it was great. Not the fastest but dead stable on the brakes and pretty good traction too.
I did some GR1 testing too for the next endurance race and the Tomahawk was fastest but they Mazda was so much easier to drive. That Nissan GTR thing is dog s**t. If you touch the throttle while steering it just goes into massive understeer.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah i think i might,its gone from being in the top 8 most times in quali to being at the back!.They must be all using steering wheels.

Yeah i like the Astons,look sound nice to.