ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ps4. Pop noise won't switch on.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Yeah as above. Anyone else come accross or heard about this issue.

Wasn't a heat issue as not long had it running. Sounded like a dude blown, changed that. Was loud enough noise over the headphones plugged in.

Read could be the power supply in the system? Really can't be doing with buying another ps, this one is about 2 years ish old.

Awaits the

Stay positive.
Don't go charging about

Etc etc.

:)

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah as above. Anyone else come accross or heard about this issue.

Wasn't a heat issue as not long had it running. Sounded like a dude blown, changed that. Was loud enough noise over the headphones plugged in.

Read could be the power supply in the system? Really can't be doing with buying another ps, this one is about 2 years ish old.

Awaits the

Stay positive.
Don't go charging about

Etc etc.

:smile:

Uh...

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Don’t think my PS4 ever had a pop noise function? What was it for?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Pop may not have been the best choice in word.

Let's go with loud bang, like a loud pop, like a blown fuse type noise.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
IMG_3696.PNG
Just like Apple, Sony blowing up their systems to make you buy a new one.

Seems a common problem from reading online. Wonder if you can just replace the PSU (if it's a fairly cheap fix?)

You can, seems to be common too.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Gonna take it to a computer shop local to me that's been recommended. Will diagnose the issue free of charge which is good.

I reckon it's fooked but fingers crossed.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Fixed, aparantly.

Will find out exactly what was done but sounds like power surge took a resistor out or something. £25, happy with that.