ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PS3 disc drive ???

C63 PP,R1,,Clubman
It wont load any games i put in,it accepts the disc and it will eject but it wont load up the game. any ideas ?

Fiesta ST-2
Yeah broken, PS3's are pretty shite tbh I've had 3 replacements in the space of a year, least you can put your games saves on a usb stick with this fault

Fiesta ST-2
mate only way you'll find out is by ringing them up, giving them the serial number on the back to see if its in warranty still. Could be a week could be a month or two from my experience.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
It wont load any games i put in,it accepts the disc and it will eject but it wont load up the game. any ideas ?

Does it just have an animated CD icon once the CD is inserted? It's knackered. Sony were really good on the one I got involved with though - a very quick turnaround of a few days.

D.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
if its out of warranty, open it up and give the blu ray lens a clean. don't be scared its not hard at all. done 2 recently, mine as it wasn't playing hardly any blu ray movies and also done a friends which wouldn't load f**k all. both are working 100% after cleaning them out:)

Fiesta ST-2
if its out of warranty, open it up and give the blu ray lens a clean. don't be scared its not hard at all. done 2 recently, mine as it wasn't playing hardly any blu ray movies and also done a friends which wouldn't load f**k all. both are working 100% after cleaning them out:)

Different fault mate I think, the icon doesn't appear to allow you to play any disc.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
Different fault mate I think, the icon doesn't appear to allow you to play any disc.

exactly the same as my mates one, some times would come up with the little clock/disc but wouldn't do anything else and other times wouldn't even recognize the disc... if out of warranty is worth giving it a try as it doesn't cost anything lol

I did this but it doesnt work forever.

Im already on my second PS3, my first one broke after 11 months and was replaced under warranty, this ones lasted 11 months too. Theyre s**te - FACT.

Apparantly you can buy new lens off ebay to fix this fault, about £60.

C63 PP,R1,,Clubman
Well ive cleaned the lens but still nothing so guna have to pay for a fix :dapprove:,mite just buy a new console tbh.

Where is the cheapest place for a slimline ??

Last edited:
  Octy VRS
If it's only a year and a half they should still swap. They have been for up to about 18 months. What exactly did they say?

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Im already on my second PS3, my first one broke after 11 months and was replaced under warranty, this ones lasted 11 months too. Theyre s**te - FACT.

Don't think you're going to be any better off with the 360 ;)

My launch day PS3 has been faultless, there do seem to be a number of people that have had problem though.

PH1 iceburg
I had exactly same problem about a month ago. Mine was 18 months old and they didnt wanna know. They wanted £99 to collect and repair/replace.