ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PS Request: RB 200 + Red Wheels

I want to try and reignite the love for the 200, as its an awesome machine and I think I need to grow a pair, rather than kop out so early into my ownership. Spotted another set of standard wheels for sale and thought id try and go for my original plan of having some red wheels.

My inspiration... Haii Jenic's old 182:
4774719011_8e65f59091_z.jpg

Oulton Park by mjenic, on Flickr

Now, im unsure whether the standard 5 spoke wheels or my trat'or style suspension will suit having red wheels, so could someone please photoshop the below photos with red wheels please?
Im probably looking to go for the R26R colour.

6038285460_587f3388ae_z.jpg

13/8/11 Colour Coded Side Strips by Harpham y0, on Flickr

5951295211_cc5456dbfa_z.jpg

18/7/11 RenaultSport Clio 200 Cup by Harpham y0, on Flickr

5894224188_0d3f8ea7a4_z.jpg

Wales 2011 Clio On The Beach by Harpham y0, on Flickr

5986958983_f32ed67051_z.jpg

29/7/11 After 2nd layer of wax by Harpham y0, on Flickr

Just a few pictures that may be suitable. I dont think I have a close up, side on shot of the car.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
If you're going to do it, get some Speedlines first.

You know I love your face, but the standard wheels look bad enough in a subtle colour. :eek:

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
I'm not keen on them, I'd be after some black Speedlines and some H&R springs.

^ I did want it lower tbh, but they don't make any springs for 200's from 2010 onwards (changed the suspension design or something, so all kits out atm just fit ones up to 59 plate iirc, unless things have now changed - I could get some H&Rs for like £160, so I would have snapped them up by now, if I could have).

Oh and I dont want Speedlines, unless I can get some stupidly cheap. I like the standards.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
You know I love the colour combo, can you get a picture of an RB on speedlines for people to PS?

Disastra Coupe
Okay, looks better on the forum than Facebook lol. s**t ass quality raping networking toss site.

But i'm still not sure...

You know I love the colour combo, can you get a picture of an RB on speedlines for people to PS?
3878435955_bd42ae06b3.jpg

If someone wouldn't mind ;) (although I don't think Sheeplines are an option, as they'll cost too much)

I don't understand everyone's dislike towards the standard wheels.
Be different n go LY wheels lol!
By all means, someone can PS them this colour also. Would match my CS URL and CSS sticker ;)

Italian 3.2 V6
I think Standard wheels are smart Once car is low on coilovers. There was a black 200 on here lowered on KW's (iirc) with standard wheels. Suited the wheels once it was droped to the right hight!

I think Standard wheels are smart Once car is low on coilovers. There was a black 200 on here lowered on KW's (iirc) with standard wheels. Suited the wheels once it was droped to the right hight!
As mentioned earlier in the thread, the only problem with this is the lack of choices for 200's from 2010 onwards. I think I can only get coilovers which cost £1k+ that'll fit mine, which is a 'No Deal'.
I would love some lows though.

Discounted 1*2 parts
I am disappoint with the reactions to this crazy idea...

When I did the orange wheels on my 200, it made me love the car again for a couple of weeks, then I got bored and put the standard wheels back on.

I think if you are only painting the wheels to love the car again, I can assure you it will only last a short while before you are thinking of selling again (then you've got the hassle of getting standard wheels again)

I'd cut your losses now, sell the car and watch the extra money build up in your bank that you save!!

I think if you are only painting the wheels to love the car again, I can assure you it will only last a short while before you are thinking of selling again (then you've got the hassle of getting standard wheels again)

I'd cut your losses now, sell the car and watch the extra money build up in your bank that you save!!
The plan was to buy another set of standards that are currently up for sale, so id have the two sets.
Know what you mean though. Couple of months down the line, ill be wanting to do something else to it. Ive been considering seeing whether my locals Renaults have a 1*2 in and seeing whether they'll go swapsies.
I really don't know what to do...
Are you planning on doing the paint yourself or getting someone to do it? As I want mine doing in red too....
Would have them powder coated professionally. The place Gray had his F1's done want £35 per wheel. I need to give a place Jenic recommended a call though, as they are meant to be cheap.