ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

pros/cons of spacers +++ lower.. how much and what springs

2x Clio mk3 1.5dci
Thinking about doing a fue things to my red dynamique s and wondered if there was a cheeper alternative or better way....
lowering around 40mm via springs (£175 ebaich springs) any springs cheeper but still good?
Spacers all around 20mm what are the pros cons with these Idk if to do it or not
Spraying genuine 16" alloys black can this be done with spray cans and work ok or do they have to be powder coated.
How will spacers and lowering effect the ride and by how much?
Thanks to anyone who replies.

DCI 80
Im not great at these things but i see there have been no other replies. Id always go for a decent set of springs, if you are going to lower it eventually you are going to need new shocks on it as well i.e shocks designed for the kind of ride height you are looking for
I believe they advise within 8 months of fitting the lowering springs. Spacers are ok, DONT buy cheap ebay numbers and i believe that after a certain amount of spacing (I dont know if its over 20mm) you need to look at having it set up properly, if you just fit all this stuff on the car there is a chance it will just feel like crap on the steering as you have altered all the geometry of the car, even just changing my alloys from 15's to 16's made a difference as the camber etc changes so take it to a garage (Pref one that deals with french cars) talk to them about geom etc look at having it tracked

you can do a re-furm with rattle cans but its going to take you a Looooooong time if you want to do it properly. most places will strip / powdercoat for£50 a wheel.

Im a novice but this is what i know. if you search around on the forum buddy you will find most answers to these questions.

Long and short its never going to be just fit and go.

2001 Ph2 172
Eibach springs are good, I know a lot of the other guys here in Australia use them without issues.
Spacers will cause a little more wear on your wheel bearings, given the adjustment of central rotation to be further out (away from the bearing).
I bought a few cans of proper 'wheel paint' and after a light sand (scratched the surface) I sprayed rims on another car and they turned out great.

Lowering the car lowers the centre of gravity and will make it handle better around corners, slightly less body roll. Spacers may decrease your turn-in ability but that's just a guess.