ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What suspension to suit my needs ?

Bodyboarder81

ClioSport Club Member
  S2k
Hi all ,

Not even taken delivery( or seen it!) of my Clio 200 yet , but seeing the pics / spec / mileage and chatting to Steve at r-sport in here , pretty sure it’ll be spot on .

Now my mind has started to think about suspension .

I’ll be using the car for around 2-4 track days a year ( not a track nut and don’t drive balls out even on track ) and then once or twice a week to go to the gym / general use . Odd spirited drive , around 4-5k a year I suspect .

I’d like to reduce the arch gap !

Seen quite a few posts about people running H&R / cooksport springs .... but would a set of Bilstein b14’s be better suited for me ?

I’ll also be adding 20mm spacers .

Once set at the ride height if I buy the bilsteins ( similar height to the H&R’s I would imagine ) I’ll never touch them again .

Would the Bilstein’s handle better / less crashy than the spring option .

The car has cup pack on it for reference .

Any help much appreciate and any pics of said springs I’d appreciate seeing them

You might as well get a set of Bilstien B14s as no doubt the dampers and springs will need refreshing if not already done so. If they have been recently refreshed just get a set of springs, Cooksport always get good reviews or leave it and spend the money on other stuff that needs refreshing.

Thanks for the reply ....

The car has 20k on it , if this has a bearing on what I should get
If they've only got 20k on them and are in good condition (not leaking and no rust on the shafts) then save your money and leave as is. Remember you'll need to pay for fitting if you can't do it yourself and also have alignment done after which all adds up.

No doubt there'll be other stuff to sort.

Bodyboarder81

ClioSport Club Member
  S2k
If they've only got 20k on them and are in good condition (not leaking and no rust on the shafts) then save your money and leave as is. Remember you'll need to pay for fitting if you can't do it yourself and also have alignment done after which all adds up.

No doubt there'll be other stuff to sort.
will have to check mileage, think £500 ovno. afik they are the later ones?

Ok ? .... if you could let me know how old / mileage they have covered when you can that would be great .

You breaking a car ? What’s the story with them ? Cheers

dan's cast offs.
i fitted them for the owner about 18 months ago, he's having a load of work done on the car and is getting new suspension for it.

Bodyboarder81

ClioSport Club Member
  S2k
And he bought them new ?

Ok , keep me posted on them . When you can , some pics and mileage they’ve covered . Pm if it’s easier :)

Thanks