ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Projectors

Has anyone got a PJ set up?

Provided my house purchase/sell goes to plan, I'll be putting a few of those pennies into the living room.

I currently have a Samsung 51" 3D Plasma, but wanting to go bigger, and thinking of a 90"+ PJ. Are there any you'd recommend? Budget will be £2k for screen & PJ.

The distance from the PJ to screen can be up tp 16ft, sitting distance 14ft.

Are PJs as good as a decent 1080p plasma? DLP or LCD? White or grey screens?

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
If you can black the room out you really shouldn't have any issues with them, quality is good when there on focus and the bulb life isnt an issue (For me anyway, ive only used 500H's worth in over a year and they last to 3000 IIRC)

The only niggle ive seen with a DLP projector is if you flick your eyes quickly across the screen you can get a rainbow effect, it's hard to describe but if you have used one you will know what i mean.

24310319779849637991068.jpg

That's the setup I have at the moment, it is not in focus or positioned correctly but it gives you an idea of how dark the room need to be (Ideally of course, you can push up the brightness but the bulb life can reduce)

It's an Optoma HD20 (Or 200 I can never remember)

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Mitsubishi make some of the best.
The DLP's are filterless so no clogging of air filters.

Do not believe the hours quoted as we have never reached the claimed hours ( most have to run on ecco settings to achieve them)

Most of ours are full HD 4500 lumens or higher, costs (cough)

Ceiling mount with a nice pluto plate for security, choice of colours.

Screen, just paint wall matt white.

Image unreal on high end stuff.

Thanks for the replies.

Would you not benefit from a dark/black border? Like at the cinema, giving it that crisp edge?