ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project pearl black

clio mk2 1.4 16v
lol i would be careful, insurers will do anything to wriggle out of making a payment. Should be alright though i guess if you dont stack it/some moron hits into you.

clio 1.4
Re: black and yellow dynamique PIC HEAVY

did you take the badge off to do the front carbon wrap ? iv done it like 5 times and i cant do it :l i make it look s**t , not like yours !!

Ph2 Meg 225
Yeah I took it, off and used a hairdryer till its hot, put a slit on each corner and then 2 layers of laquer when I finished :)

I have it's 5300 with no mods but as most of them are genuine Renault parts, most people don't declare them. As for the springs I have something planned ;)

My insurance quote is through the roof! But that's only on comparison websites, i need to call up an route down. Grr hate finding quotes!

Ph2 Meg 225
Got some of my colour coded parts back today, one of the corner pieces has a crack in the paint when it dries and keeps forming ( twice now ) so he is going to keep it and respray it till its right :) apparently due to the halfords paint from my attempt where it wouldn't take.

Anyway photos of the fitted bits.

image-53.jpg

image-54.jpg

image-55.jpg

image-56.jpg

image-57.jpg

image-58.jpg

Ph2 Meg 225
Ordered some yellow fog light film which should be here for Friday, as well as my missing front bumper corner and then will be getting some prima slick and prima epic on payday (friday) :)

Ph2 Meg 225
Yellow fogs.........

image_zps3ac45516.jpg

image_zpsd3931769.jpg

image_zpsb7faff19.jpg

and my cleaning collection :)

image_zps191ca227.jpg

image_zps97fbb2a5.jpg

image_zps36422b64.jpg

it consists of the following:
1litre super resin polish
meguiars ultimate compound
Meguiars scratch x 2.0
t-cut black paste
meguiars endurance tire gel
Meguiars ultimate quick ddetailer turtle wax - wash and wax
gunk engine degreaser
apple dash cleaner
Turtle wax bumper plastic restorer
simoniz carnauba wax
2 foam pads
detail brush
5 microfibre cloths
wash mitt
2 sponges for wheels
brillo pads for applying tire gel ( work great )
Couple of microfibre mitts for wheel arches, engine etc

also got prima epic and prima slick on the way !!!!!!!

Ph2 Meg 225
Thank you only downside is one of the bulbs is different colour more like a white so need a new one, I'm gona take a few good photos tomorow as I have IOS6 so can't take panoramic photos ;) and I quite like this one

image-64.jpg

Thank you only downside is one of the bulbs is different colour more like a white so need a new one, I'm gona take a few good photos tomorow as I have IOS6 so can't take panoramic photos ;) and I quite like this one

image-64.jpg
Love that one aswell! saying that, up in my bonnet is rancid, so dirty haha! and I tried to get that today, turns out I don't have enough memory to download it haha! roll on iphone 5 next month! ;)

Ph2 Meg 225
Mines as clean as I can get it haha, I wanted iPhone 5 but after today getting the new update, you get everything on the 5 so only difference is looks and screen ;) still want one though. Get my bumper bit back on Monday aswell as my new cleaning products which is sweet.

Can't wait to get mine colour coded bow I've seen yours. Makes a big difference even though your car is black :)

Do you think yellow fogs would suit a silver car? I've been toying with the idea for a while now but only seen people use lamin x on darker coloured cars

Ph2 Meg 225
I'm glad I had it colour coded, get a bodyshop to do it as it cost me 25 quid in paint and I still wasn't happy with the finish from my own attempt. And yeah would look great, I've seen a silver one with yellow fogs but can't remember who's? Mine was actually cheap stuff on eBay, cost 4 quid for an a4 sheet of which is enough to do about three fogs and was great stuff to use. Turns out it was from Cotball on here ;)

I'm glad I had it colour coded, get a bodyshop to do it as it cost me 25 quid in paint and I still wasn't happy with the finish from my own attempt. And yeah would look great, I've seen a silver one with yellow fogs but can't remember who's? Mine was actually cheap stuff on eBay, cost 4 quid for an a4 sheet of which is enough to do about three fogs and was great stuff to use. Turns out it was from Cotball on here ;)

Think I'll try it myself first because my dad got a really good finish on the side strips. He used to spray cars for a living so I think he'll be alright doing the bumpers lol :) and I found a few photos of silver clios with lamin-x on. I might have to message cotball and get some :) That last picture looks really beefy with the megane splitter! :D

TT QS
That looks really good. Glad I've got a meg splitter. Need to pull my finger out and fit it. Some really good non sports on here as well with this, danmans and sleepy..... And the famous spinksy lol

Ph2 Meg 225
Think I'll try it myself first because my dad got a really good finish on the side strips. He used to spray cars for a living so I think he'll be alright doing the bumpers lol :) and I found a few photos of silver clios with lamin-x on. I might have to message cotball and get some :) That last picture looks really beefy with the megane splitter! :D

Thanks, ill get the link if you want and I'm loving the front end now, get my other part of the front bumper back tomorrow so it will be finished :) then wind deflectors Friday

Ph2 Meg 225
That looks really good. Glad I've got a meg splitter. Need to pull my finger out and fit it. Some really good non sports on here as well with this, danmans and sleepy..... And the famous spinksy lol

Get it fitted now ;) makes such a difference, and yeah I dare say that more modifying goes on with non sports, but I probably wouldn't do much to a sport haha

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
Have you checked quotes on your insurance yet? As i would've thought that after declaring the colour coding, rear bumper, sport grille etc it would be pretty high bearing in mind your age. I would reconsider getting an induction kit/spacers/coilovers or anything like that until your older - that is unless one of your family members is the CEO of an insurer lol.

You have to declare colour coding ?!! :|

Ph2 Meg 225
You have to declare colour coding ?!! :|

Haha, I'm not telling them anything apart from lower and wheel changes when they come, I think 5300 is enough without declaring mods.

This is how daft insurance is that you have to tell them if you have put stickers on as it makes it more appealing to a burglar pahaha

Thanks, ill get the link if you want and I'm loving the front end now, get my other part of the front bumper back tomorrow so it will be finished :) then wind deflectors Friday

It's alright mate, I've ordered some cheap stuff from Hong Kong lmao, think it cost £1.45 xD hopefully it'll work just as well. Is the bumper all back to normal now? Should look good with wind deflectors coming tomorrow as well :D

Ph2 Meg 225
Yeah front bumper insert is fitted I will upload pictures later, and wind deflectors will have to wait till next week as I'm getting nagged for not booking a re test and spending it on the car haha

Ph2 Meg 225
Pictures of the bumper now completed and my depressing arch gap.

image-68.jpg

image-69.jpg

image-70.jpg

car is currently getting a layer of prima epic. Feels so slick al ready and it takes 24 hours to properly cure so can't wait:)

Ph2 Meg 225
Purchased some clio mats with yellow edging from Magh and some heko wind deflectors which should be here for Friday hopefully. Also bidding on some coilovers on eBay but don't think I'll win. :)

Ph2 Meg 225
As soon as I saw those mats I thought of your car lol. You should go for the alloys too ;)
Haha I thought they would be a nice touch to the interior but keeping the colours going :) and I wish I could get them but I need to take my re test :( make it a gift for me if you want. ;)

Haha I thought they would be a nice touch to the interior but keeping the colours going :) and I wish I could get them but I need to take my re test :( make it a gift for me if you want. ;)

Haha :p If I had the money to buy em they'd be going on my car lol!
Hope you pass this time though. Must be propa annoying having a nice car sat in the garage and not being able to drive it :(

Haha :p If I had the money to buy em they'd be going on my car lol!
Hope you pass this time though. Must be propa annoying having a nice car sat in the garage and not being able to drive it :(

Ph2 Meg 225
Thank you :) hopefully will this time, it all depends on your examiner I suppose as some are stricter than others which I obviously got :( and I suppose there's an advantage of not having to clean it though ;P

Ph2 Meg 225
Haha my driving instructor told him he was being harsh so it must be the examiner ;) it's the same as anybody though, if you have a bad day or don't like your job, your mood affects you :)