ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project 365

Nikon D700
A few of us on here started one a few years back... nobody completed it though (correct me if i'm wrong).

Might have a bash in the new year though, always a laugh :)

Bus w**ker
No chance, tried last year and failed miserably within a week or something s**t. May try for a 52 or a more realistic 12 lol.

I tried a 52

I really want to kick my arse and learn some discipline. I'm not doing overtime anymore for work AT ALL so I've got much more free time next year
I've got some personal development projects I keep trying to start but I've got myself in a rut of everytime I do get free time I just sit in front of a dvd or xbox

Figured a 365 would be a good way to hopefully increase my photography skill but more importantly force me to become more self disciplined and get out the fecking house more lol

Thinking of starting on Jan 1st..

Dan - I've been through Dustin Diaz this morning - I love some of his shots but a LOT of them are just f1.4 shots of leaves, flowers, benches, bikes lol
I guess thats the way it's going to go with a project 365 - a lot of days are just gonna be some low DOF shot of whatever is around

I've got a 50mm f1.4 which I suspect most of my shots will be taken with - then I've got my 17-40L for indoor people shots and I'm swapping my 70-200 f4L for a 70-200 f2.8L IS in the new year

I want to go and do more motorsport stuff too - cadwell is only 20minutes away so gonna head up there at weekends and practice panning shots etc..

I think I started a 365 three times. Failed each time.

It takes over completely. I either found I had absolutely no idea what to shoot, which was most of the time, or zero time to do it. If you have any sort of social life then it's awful.

So then you end up with 'Meh, that'll do' just to get it done and move on to the next day.

Yup. Very well lit and some of his set-up shots/vids show he puts a lot of time into them. If in doubt, DoF.

Yeah he has some awesome lighting skills - I pre-ordered his strobits info book off amazon last week - looking forward to reading that and buying some more lights and having a play

I don't like the way that his shots all have random quotes on them that hardly relate to the photo

I remember yours lol - I remember how fed up you got
A really good mate of mine Rick Nunn did a 365 too and he nearly hung himself near the end lol

I'm ok with the fact that there'll be loads of food/cat/DOF shots - I just want to be able to say I was disciplined enough to do it - just once

Also social life - meh - I don't like people ;)

Lol. Mine was splashes, lego or the beach.

There's various groups that help you with ideas as they give a theme for the week/day and that can help you out.

Social life maybe not, but even a life. By the time you get in from work and eat, do you really want to spend time pissing about everyday? Depends what type of shot I guess. But if it's one you're setting up and editing and putting effort into, it can takes ages.

Self portrait is the easy ones but I sure as s**t wasn't taking a picture of myself daily. Lol.

Lol. Mine was splashes, lego or the beach.

There's various groups that help you with ideas as they give a theme for the week/day and that can help you out.

Social life maybe not, but even a life. By the time you get in from work and eat, do you really want to spend time pissing about everyday? Depends what type of shot I guess. But if it's one you're setting up and editing and putting effort into, it can takes ages.

Self portrait is the easy ones but I sure as s**t wasn't taking a picture of myself daily. Lol.

I'm only gonna try to do a properly thought out/setup/strobist shot once a week - probably on a sunday as I usually have sunday afternoons free and during the week I can jot down ideas

During the week I was just going to take a walk into town each lunch time instead of sitting in my office, do some people or architecture shots or lame low DOF anything I can find shots lol

I'd need a wider lens than 17mm to do a self portrait lol

Bus w**ker
A 365 sounds easy until you actually attempt it, it's only one shot a day; right?

For me it was getting the energy to go out after a full day in work, find something decent to shoot (or even have an idea) then come home and process it blah blah blah. Whilst doing all that trying to stay on top of everything else I need to and have a life...it just isn't possible.

I've finished the Clio build - not doing any more on that in the new year just driving it
I don't do overtime anymore at work as they've decided to cut back and won't pay us for it anymore lol

I work 8am till 4.30pm and it takes 10 mins to cycle home - so I'll be home well before 5pm every day

I really should have enough time for it - all the commitments I had this year are pretty much gone in 2012

Oh well I'll give it a go and see how suicidal it makes me
I got about 48days into a project 50 and quite enjoyed it - but then I did a car show, spent all day packing, drove down to the hotel and completely forgot until after midnight to take a shot :(

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
I'm going to do one from January, hopefully will learn along the way.

Good way of forcing yourself to practice

I've been doing it for nearly 2 years now. Started January 2010 and just kinda kept going this year. Have had some great fun and my photography has improved no end!

I'd say just do it for a year though and make a huge list of things you want to shoot / techniques you want to try.

I have enjoyed it, but fooking glad it is nearly over. I have started to feel like I am just taking the camera out for the sake of it and not really enjoying my photography over the past couple of months, but I think that was my own fault for trying to do 2 years straight!

My 2011 365 is here and the 2010 one is on there too: www.flickr.com/v15ben

2.2 bar shed.
I'm gonna do a series of focal length inspired ones next year. 10 of 10mm, 24 of 24mm and maybe 85 of 85mm if im brave. I dont think I have the stamina to take a picture every day for a year. I havnt gone out, planned and taken any decent photos in about a month now. Not being able to getaway from work/stuff blows.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I think I'm going to try and do a 52. I always have my camera with me but most of the time I am in work and see the same thing each day, maybe a nicer sunrise/set and some changing weather but still the same surroundings. At least with a 52 I will be able change it up on my days off/ evenings.

I tried a 52 this year, but gave up not too long ago.

I would never do a 365, I think it just creates such crap photos most of the time.

Typical scenario:

Come home from work, do day to day things......oh crap I haven't taken my photo for the day!

*grabs camera to take crap photo of anything near me*

Phew! That's today's done. No idea what I'll do tomorrow either!

Not for me really.

I know what you're saying - but for me I'm stuck in a rut where social networking and forums have taken over my life - and actually working and producing websites has taken a back seat

I'm not happy about that - I have a project I REALLY want to get off the ground - so I need to sort my self discipline out
I know quality wise a project 52 would be better as I could do one good planned shot a week easily but I want to prove to myself that I CAN discipline myself to take a photo every day and hopefully I'm going to knock forums and social networks on the head and get back to what I'm good at - writing web apps

You don't want to know

All the dev work was done - but then waited for data to fill the site up, it never arrived. Neither did payment for the work I'd done.
Never do work for mates!