ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

project 172wenty valve

secret
yup guys!!! finaly a new project, u may have seen my odyssey ph1 which is my daily

6594d504.jpg

anyway heres my new project, a PB ph1, if u havent clicked by the project name....its going to have a VAG 1.8 20v turbo engine fitted, i already have this lol got myself a AGU engine which is ment to be one of the better ones as it has bigger ported head and forged crank, im not too clued up on these engines so hope im right lol. i have also sorced a ko4 turbo which im yet to pick up.
This will be a slow build as some things im unsure of and i dont want to rush.

i started stripping it tonite, started with the cosmetics and put stuff up for sale. i will be updating this daily and please post ur coments.

b6ff3c82.jpg

c9e12505.jpg

73b39c98.jpg

264c482c.jpg

a358ff67.jpg

everything i dont need will be sold. thanks for looking

2014 Clio 200t edc
Bloody hell, what an awesome project!! Would love the time/money/ability to do something like this!!

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Awesome!! Is that the PB 172 off ebay with the knocking depahser and very cheap? ;)

secret
i hope it all goes to plan but running the daily and the missus will slow the project right down lol measured up for front mount earlier aswel, not much room lol

secret
oh yeah it is paytons, didnt kno it was on ebay, was cambelt failure.

i want a carbon bonnet matey but this one isnt alloy :( wel its not as light as the oddy bonnet, no where near and the oddy is ally

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
nah his was'nt on ebay, I was talking to him before about geting it but by the time transport was paid for etc wasnt really worth it! :( Black ph1 ftw

Petrol Blue 182.
i dont care if its not alloy, i just need a decent bonnet! mines a dog. keep me in mind if you change soon. looking foward to the progress

secret
it looks like tha lad hu had it has painted somthing on it, its covered in overspray but i will attemp to mop out. i am 100& having a carbon bonnet so pm me about urs as it doesnt matter whats on mine for now the car was going white but i have decided to stay black, its being completly painted inside and out :) with black wheels, prob the willys depending on the size on the front brakes

phase 1 flamer 172
Keep the pictures coming, i would quite like to do the vag swap but want to keep it as an everyday car with full interior including dash with a working speedo.

53 Clio's & counting
looking good mate, though after experiencing a few, id get a KO3S hybrid, rather than a KO4, as with the KO4 you will need an Audi TT/Leon Cupra R inlet manifold, plus all boost pipes due to how the turbo is mounted - getting a ko3s hybrid will offer more power than the KO4, it will spool up faster and will fit with all the gubbins you will have on the AGU.

If you need any bits, give me a shout, im a Parts manager for VW

secret
gona stick with the ko4 as its off my mate so cheap, cheers for info guys. yeah sticking with standard inlet but 380cc injectors.

russ 16v....im sure there will be parts along the line i need so do u mind me having ur number? pm me?

secret
Im so confused with these engine, everyone says diff things. Does anyone know what power a AGU engine can take??

phase 1 flamer 172
Dont know what it can take but it can produce big power as it has the large port cyl head, also has the larger gudgeon pin, 20mm as opposed to 19mm i believe,

53 Clio's & counting
The AGU has a better head then the later engines, but IMO the limiting factor with power will be con rods, to go above 300lb ft reliably you want home decent H pattern rods.

Bear in mind though the KO4 won't give any more than about 280bhp, so you should be ok.

With a KO4, decent pipework and a good intercooler, you should see a genuine reliable 260-270bhp with 250+ torque (as long as you can keep intake temps down) which in an 1100kg car should be plenty good fun.

You probably could eek a bit more power out of it, but again IMO the Ko4 will be maxxed right out, and for reliablity, and for drivability id have the boost a little lower and it be safe

secret
Cheers russ, brilliant info. The car will be completly gutted out and weigh as least as poss so yeah bloody good gun hehe

clio sport 172 cup
as for the engines ive had an ibiza 20vt which is 150hp as standard (not to sure on engine code) that made 369hp on a totally stock engine but with some big injectors, ihi vf34 turbo conversion, jabba sport ceramic manifold, custom cooler and boost pipes running on dta pro management.

Then i had a leon cuprs r 225 bam engine which was fully forged etc running gt28rs and that made 350hp

secret
369 on standard internals :0 sounds inpressive so does the forged 225 :)

Got loads done tonight, pics up later

172 cup, Impreza P1
Very interesting indeed! I'll keep checking up on your progress mate.

Something a bit different for a change.

53 Clio's & counting
as for the engines ive had an ibiza 20vt which is 150hp as standard (not to sure on engine code) that made 369hp on a totally stock engine but with some big injectors, ihi vf34 turbo conversion, jabba sport ceramic manifold, custom cooler and boost pipes running on dta pro management.

Then i had a leon cuprs r 225 bam engine which was fully forged etc running gt28rs and that made 350hp

you sir are very brave!!

iv seen them bend rods at 310bhp

Arctic Blue FF 182
Great project! Will be keeping an eye for sure. I'm putting the same lump into my Mk1 golf at some point soon hopefully, so might be able to pick up a trick or two!
Look forward to the updates