ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Progress Pictures

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
6k....insane child..."Suppose it's too late for me to suggest buying a 172?"

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Crazy Clio said:
Thanks for the constructive criticism, i understand that not everyone is in to the bodywork side of things and fair play to you, as i will b the first to admit that its isawaste of money. However, I'm 18 with under a years driving experience, im am lucky enough to say icould quite easily afford to buy and insure a 182 with some performance modifications, however, I wouldnt last long, as i do not have the ability, so for now ill be happy to have a very nice looking (in my opinion anyway) slowish car. Then When its my turn for speed, I'll go japanesse :D

Suppose its too late for you to read what the boy wrote Ali?! ;)

A well built VW
John remember hes got a 172 now so he moves up the social platform us poor 1.4's choke in his exhaust fumes lol

Seriously looks familiar (CD Mullins) lets hope it done quick for you and you like the finished artcile

These types of mod threads would normally make me choke on my sugar puffs and go about my day. It's not my thing, so I've learned to stay out of the threads and not comment.

However, in this case the guy has sensibly and maturely answered the questions I always ask myself.

100% respect for the effort in getting it done, even if I'll still choke on my sugar puffs when I see the final results :D

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Roy, I respect your reply, and totally understand where you are coming from. I am by no means suggesting what im doing is sensible, or do i reccomend anyone do it, Cause, I will be the first to admit, Its a waste of money, which will more than likely DE VALUE my car.

Dont choke on the sugar puffs they are far too nice to choke up ;)

Even if i do get the engine covnersion, IT will not be for speed, it will be so Ican movea 500KG system and 20" wheels. Like I said I cant handle speed can ;) So itwill probably be a 200bhp carwitha 0-60 time still in double figures :)

If speed was top of the agenda, I certiainly wouldnt have started with a bottom spec RN model. Heck I've got to get electric windows fitted as they are not standard on my model hehe.

In all honesty, I expected a bit of a worse atmosphere than this, if anyone is interested in my project (doubting it :p) feel free to ask me :)

Arctic Blue Clio 182
Lookin good. Only thing that you shouldnt do is smooth the mirror baseplates to the door. Leaves it that u cant change them if u want and the filler always cracks from the doors openin and closin. Also keep the rear numberplate light thing on the rear bumper to use as a handle to open the boot.

Whats the plan for the front?

haha, just like everyone else when i saw the pictures i was thikning "oh no not another mullins" but your replys much more intelligent and the kit your going for is more origanol and doesnt have that horrible smile, will look nice when its done.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
thanks again for the replies heres an update:

The back bumper has been Removed to re locate my exhaust, the side skirts are on and the whole bottom side off the car (from the bump strips down) Has been widenened and flushed out an extra Inch, The skirts have been fully smoothed in, just a bit of work to do on the front arch.

The front bumper has been dry fitted, and its s**t. The fit is attrocious and the bumper is FAR too low to the ground, so it has got to be complete re built so its is shorter in width and height. Im also having the front slightly squared off as well as the pillars.

Thes side still needs another 6 hours to bring the body out SLIGHTLY furter, and the arch lines made more prominant.

anyway heres a few pics.

Image038.gif

Image036.gif

Image035.gif

(look how much lower the front bumper is than the skirts, this need sorting!

Image034.gif

Image033.gif

Image032.gif

I know about the mirror plates, But I've GOT to have it done, They are trying to use as little filler as possible but obviously alot still has to be used.

I wish I could afford the respray right now, but I Cant unfortunately :(

I must recomend these guys. I went in out of the blue, They dropped everything to explain what was going on (mind you i am speding £3800 there lol :) The Company is Energized-UK in Cradley heath near the Merry Hill Centre.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
nope i thought that, they showed me on the other side, its actually plates welded in, and fibreglass. Theres very little filler on the side, only a few skims of filler, They made a mould and made a complete fibreglass skirt that starts halfway down the car. I was scared when i thought it was filler!!! But I assure its not lol :)

The mirror baseplates is what i mean.

not a fan of modded cars anymore, didnt really like CDmullines one for both of you i would have started with a mark 2 phase 3.

And how you gunna fit all those subs in, the car is french the bass will rattle all the bolts and screws out!

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
nine packs of dynamat xtreme bulk packs to sort out the sound deadening (£150 a pack though :() will sort the rattling (remember im sponsored for my audio so i dont pay alot!

8 subs is easy. No rear seats, and a wall :)

I started with a mark 2 phase 1 because theres not as many about as the mark 2 phase 2/3

Trophy #473
quality, always look forward to seeing other peoples projects, and how they turn out, love to see loads of progress pics to... hint hint

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
Cool that your keeping us updated with plenty of pics!

Project threads like these are always worth a look.

£3,800?

Jesus! i paid £3000 and that included paint, respray and exhaust!

More pics, not keen on front bumper but rest looks great!!

Lose the gold!!!

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
Hate to say it Mullins but these guys actully seem to be working on his car, so he's probably getting value for money.

sorry but energized are rip off merchants, there body work is good, but there exhuast work is shite, and they charge way over the odds for what they do. to color code the bump strips and side strips they wanted 340quid! my exhuast cost a fortune, and build is awfull, but i was naive, I could have gone to hayward and scott and had one of there systems and been in pocket for what it cost from them. Also there after service is shite, and they really no nothing about what makes a good exhuast system, and what ruins an exhaust. All in all, I would say dont go there, and good luck as you have.

nb all statements are my personal opinion and based purely on my bad experience with them

Racing Blue 182
I thought that front bumperis made for the clio? whys it fit so bad?

How the hell you going to get 20s on without a v6 or super 1600 kit?

hope you gonalower it about 110mm

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
CDMullins said:
£3,800?

Jesus! i paid £3000 and that included paint, respray and exhaust!

More pics, not keen on front bumper but rest looks great!!

Lose the gold!!!

We all have opinions dont we hey :) I am not trying to make a "McDonalds Car" as i call them, IF i wanted that i would have just bolted o na carzone kit, a flip paint job and i'd have had it back by now. I'm afta a one off custom show car, all though the skirts and bumpers are for a clio, they are all EXTENSIVELY modified to make the car more personal.

No offence but I saw the quality of your paint in an up close picture and I was quite dissapointed. Theres is also VERY little custom on your car, its an off the shelf carzone kit with some arch extensions and a bonnet extension, I'm having the side of the car bought out an inch etc etc etc.

Was your respray a full shell respray? Enmgine interiors and window out?

I've no idea why the bumper fits so poorly, Its apparently a genuine Sabre Drift But I disagree.

AS for the 20's, the bodywork thats going on here is the tip of the ice berg, i cant afford to have my final work done so im having it like this. I'm then having Saxo Diavlo arches fabricated on, The Rear bumper widened and extended down, a Punto splitter grafted into the front bumper, Custom made carbon fibre roof and wing. It will be on airbag suspension some time next year. Hoever, I'll needa new engine for rims that big, I'm thinking 19" Dub Remix rims.

The reason for me keeping the gold is I do really like the colour, But eventually I want a electric purple to lime green tempreture change respray. I have not researched this enough to go for it at the moment, There arent alot of cars with it, therefore the information on it is pretty limited. I do really like the gold, and theres no point paying for a new respray for a colour i dont really want. As I say these mods are the tip of the iceberg. I also want my fuel Filler relocated behind my rear plate.

When the engines out, im having a brick wall airbrushed in the engine bay, with some of the cars details "graffitied" on it :) Pointless, But Its not going to cost me too much.

I'll keep you guys updated, and like i keep saying ireally appreciate the honest replies, I didnt expect that many to like it to be honest, and was apprehensive regarding starting the topic, but its not going too bad, so thanks guys :)

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
Seems like your a sensible lad, and reasonably intelligent to me. at least your not bitchn and moaning about the critisism!! Put it this way, youll have something personal and unique, surely thats exactly what your after!
And if as you say "you cant handle speed" why not!!

Fair play, big thumbs up, and look forward to seeing the finished article mate! :)

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Stick a 18 year old with 11 months driving experience under his belt, in a FWD car with 182bhp, He is MORE than likely either going to get points or crash, true or not? I'm sensible enough to realise this fact.

Thats the thing with modifying, not everyone is going to like it, its like marmite, some are going to love it some are going top hate it, It is IMPERATIVE that everyone who modifies a car MUST be prepared to recieved some negative criticism, and I honestly expected a bit more than this, so thanks for that. You cant just drop £6,000 on a Bottom Spec clio, join a forum, post some pictures and expect respect. Respect is EARNT by an individual, not by what car he drives or how much someone can effectively "waste" the most on their car.

Although peoples opinions dont really bother me, as long as i am happy, i am happy to listen and respect anyones opinion as long as they are sensible regarding how the put their opinion across.

They way i see the whole issue of criticism, you can take it two ways; you either take the attitude that you are right, and they are wrong, so they dont matter, or you can listen to that criticism, put it into effect, and just maybe you will agree with what the other person is saying, and end up with a better looking car. I know i have took the second apprach to criticism, and In my humble opinion, I believe that listening to others opinions has IMPROVED my car, and made me think out of the box regarding new ideas. Hence the fact I'm on my 3rd bumper hehe :)

Starting to go off topic and bore people anyway, I'll get my coat............

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I think its being well recieved because you do seem sensible (well in 1 respect!) and pretty mature. Its not something I'll be doing on my car as bodykits aint my cup of tea but I like the fact it isnt a off the shelf kit and some proper thought is going into it. Good luck to you

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Many thanks John, you're not really that evil are you ;)

I've just read CD Mullins thread, The replies to his work seem a little different to mine lol

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Well, maybe I am, maybe im not! :evil: ;)

You might also notice his replies are a little different to yours as well, probably a crucial factor!

306 TD Slut
looks good matey! but lets hope no one clips ur mirrors after they have been smoothed in..

what colour u having it sprayed?

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
ITs going to be the standard gold colour, i like it.

For those who might be interested here are some pictures of it before :)

9.jpg

8.jpg

7.jpg

6.jpg

11.jpg

10.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

Image004.jpg

Didnt realie Carzone did wide arch or maybe, the customised bodyshop did that???? u c**k!

"Was your respray a full shell respray? Enmgine interiors and window out?"
Yep u want pics to prove it?

I am not trying to make a "McDonalds Car" as i call them, IF i wanted that i would have just bolted o na carzone kit, a flip paint job and i'd have had it back by now. I'm afta a one off custom show car,
So what exactly is one off bout your car? hows the interior, dash, bonnet, skirts thought not!

I've no idea why the bumper fits so poorly, Its apparently a genuine Sabre Drift But I disagree.
So where did you but it from and why did you buy it if you did not think it was genuine.

I want a electric purple to lime green tempreture change respray
How old?

theres no point paying for a new respray for a colour i dont really want!
Did you not say you could afford a respray earlier, now u dont want 1!

No offence but I saw the quality of your paint in an up close picture and I was quite dissapointed.
Until youve seen it in the flesh, shut that hole in your face, or ask someone that as seen it!

There arent alot of cars with it
You joing yeah???? dont know what part of the country you come from!

I really dont know what ur problem is mate, i thought we would get along aa we have the same interests however you have decided to make it a competition!

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
I dont pay attention to ANYTHING carzone make (they are almost as bad as Delta ;)), So dont know if they do wide arches or not, I thought if you where going to have custom arches though you would have had something a little more obtrusice and custom. Not going to get into an argument with CD anyway, internet arguments are pointless, But i cant say ive saw many cars with TEMPRETURE CHANGE paint, not regular flip paint, but anyway I'll rise above comments by you. my car is NO WHERE NEAR finished, when it comes out of the bodyshop at the moment it will NOT be one off,

thanks for complimenting the tidiness of my car, that meguirs is really good stuff, well worth the money :) will continue using it. Autoglym products are very good too, my dad uses them on his Car

Selling the wheels and chainging them too 18" Konig Unknowns, then when the arches are on wither 19" or 20" dub remix rims

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
CDMullins said:
So what exactly is one off bout your car? hows the interior, dash, bonnet, skirts thought not!

if i remember correctly the skirts cost over £1,000 and were custom made for the car? and i remember him telling me about all his plans for the interior which sounded mint and made me want to look into getting a custom interior.

first you got started an argument with everyone for taking teh piss out your car in your thread and now ur starting an argument with someone else who is into body styling, whos side are you on?

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
the interior is £12,000 though (runs and hides with fire extinguisher to extinguish the flames :p)

The skirts are K-tec ones, theres an extra bit above the skirts thast bought the skirts out, and flushed them, thats teh custom bit

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
it sounds like a bit of jealousy to me now that crazy clios car is centre of attention and has taken the critisicim very well