ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PROBLEMS!!! HELP

i have 1.4 clio, i have pipercross induction kit ,peco exhuast, been lowered as well , 2 problems with it i have crap fuel consumption i have replaced the map sensor , the lambard sensor, rotar arm distubution cap, sparkplugs, oil change, fuel filter change, oil filter change and it drians fuel ! im not sure wot it is thats why im here i need 2 knw coz with £10 worth of fuel im only gettin 65 miles!!! i really wana knw so ne advice would be helpful! second problem is the heating is working but its cold and if u switch it on to hot it only works for 12 seconds! ive tried flushing the radiator out but hasent helped! its freezing in it! so need help with that
! oh yeah 3rd problem is that cars been lowered by bout 40mm and its so bumpy is there away round this? maybe different springs? please help tom.

Your bad fuel consumption will be to due to the IK and exhaust i suppose. You could maybe get the ECU remaped on a RR.

About the lowering. Did you lower on just springs. It might be a good idea to match the shocks to the springs to stop the bouncy feeling. i think its ok to lower 30mm without matching the shocks but over that youre beter matching the shocks. If the springs are cheap then that might be the problem. Eibachs are good if you get progressive ones instead of linear. Linear are harsh whereas progressive are more cosmetic and leave you with a nicer ride.

MPG!!! That does sound excessive but depends how you drive it aswell, there is no mention to this..

Heater could be the matrix, git of a job as it means the dash out, could be a blockage or something that only happens when you allow the water through the matrix..

clio rsi turbo, phase 2

tom your a geek!!!!!!!!!! lol

ring me later

[Edited by clio_rsi sat at work on 18 February 2005 at 3:47pm]

ex Clio 172 owner :(

Car not getting hot enough will almost definetly be the thermostat is stuck open and needing replacing.

I had that go and my old RT and recently had it replaced on my Saxo.

My mpg has gone up a bit in the vts since having the thermostat done so maybe you want to think about getting it changed. Now getting an extra 20 miles or so from a full tank.

DIY for £10. Garage £30.

Have a read of http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=6&TopicID=140490this thread regarding thermostats and cars not getting hot enough.