ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problem with stalk adaptor

Hello all,

I am a newbie to car stereos but after hours of research I have found out some basics. If anybody could help me with my problem I would be extremely grateful.

First problem is rather minor but I have a JVC KD-R821BT head unit and there is a gap of about 5mm where it doesn't fill up the space the stock HU was in.

Secondly and more importantly I ordered a DS-RN006 stalk adapter with the JVC stereo patch lead but the large connection to the cars main harness seems to be wrong. The problem is the large connector on the stalk adapter that should connect to the cars main connector doesn't fit because the cars stock wiring has two smaller connectors and the large connector on the stalk adaptor has one large connector. It seems as though if I did connect both of the cars smaller clips into the large stalk adapter it will fit however when I tried it felt like the clip on the side of the connector had nowhere to clip into and wouldn't connect. Can someone help please?

The car is a 2008 Renault Clio Dynamique S if it helps.

Thanks in advance for all help.