ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problem with bonnet catch and closing HELP URGENT!!

172 Cup
Hi guys i got an r32 mk4 and i opened the bonnet to put some water in, tried to clsoe it and it catches initially to the point its at when you first pull the lever from inside the car to open it, but it wont click down all the way so the bonnet closes properly.

i tried pushing it and everything but cant seem to get ti to do the final click, so when im going along it pops up a little bit and imscared its gonna go up all the way if that lever gets pulled.

any advice on how to get it to click all the way down!

Need to drive in bout an hour so any ideas would be great!!

PH1 172
If not double check the lever you pull to initially open the bonnet has returned to it's start position as the cable may have got caught and the lock may not be sitting in the correct position

clio sport 172 (2003
If I remember right the bonnet catch can become stiff so WD40 can free it, Renault did do a recall of Clio's for faulty bonnet catches and replaced them, you could maybe see if you are entitled to this at Renault.

172 Cup & Clio dci Van
;) um its for an R32 Golf not a clio :rasp:

but ye your right there was loads of recalls on the clio bonnet catches etc