ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problem nearly fixed , but stuck on last bit! ECU?

Arctic Blue 182
Here we go guys!

Had misfire number 1 cylinder error on my Clio 182 for a while now and finally found out what i think is the problem. I think the problem was a leaking lower inlet gasket on cylinder 1 it had a massive gap and the gasket was half hanging out on cylinder 1! I today changed the gasket and it seems to idling better but still the MIL light is on.

I scanned the car with Elm OBD2 but it cant seem to erase the MIL light, can this only be done with CLIP?

car is off the road until i get this sorted :(

Arctic Blue 182
IMG-20130210-00188.jpgIMG-20130210-00189.jpg

This is the gasket haha!

Arctic Blue 182
Its a p0301 misfire cylinder 1 error and it still comes up , before I changed the gasket the car would start and the mil light would come on after about 20 seconds and start flashing , now its on from the start and is a constant light, I tried to clear the code with elm 327 and it came up "not available" I then scanned it via another program and it says its a stored fault not a pending fault?. Could anyone help me out? Do I need a rstuner/clip or does this sound like the ecu have rubbed through a wire as the bracket has snapped before and the pervious owner just cable tied it back on?

Any help will be appreiated !

Arctic Blue 182
But surely the ecu will detect the fault has gone on tickover? Why can the elm 327 scanner not remove the code is it because its just a rubbish scanner? im just stuck for ideas now?

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
tickover wont do much to clear it, it needs to be driven to make things go back to normal perameters.

i would just take it for a run and see if it sods off, then move onto the next port of call.

most code readers cannot clear faults

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Not sure this will work but. Take it for a drive if you are confident the issue is fixed. Then park it up and disconnect the battery and leave it for a while. Maybe over night and then restart it. It works with some things.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
ELM-327 will not clear the codes! RSTuner clears them just fine :) No activation/unlocking required.

Last edited: