ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problem 1 year on.....

Clio Sport 172
About 1 year ago on my 02 172 I was having the problem of when I try starting the car the immobiliser was not dis-arming and would not start (seems to be a common fault)! So I took it to my local Ranault dealer where they re-synched the key and cleaned some fuses/relays, all for a lovely £65:(, and the problem went away, until about 2 months ago where it was happening about once a fortnight. Jumped in the car this morning and wouldnt start, red light flashing, immob not dis-arming, wouldnt turn over (due to immob) tried it a couple of times then it dis-armed (light stopped flashing), was now turning over but not starting, suspect battery, took it to Halfords for a battery test, and it showed 12.58V not running and 51% start capacity, looks like that was one of the two reasons it would not start, has the Renault sticker on it so could wel be the one that came with the car? and time for new? Anyway, what I want to know is, if I dont get the immob problem sorted i.e new key, will it get that bad that I WILL NOT be able to start it at all? I only have one key, no spare...

Mk2 1.2 Campus
I had the same problem before, got worse and worse, just bought a new key and been problem free since then, 18 months on and it's never happened

Volvo S60 T5
Disconnect multi plugs on UCH and refit after ten or so mins, UCH is under glove box.
This can sometimes work.

Clio Sport 172
The car wouldnt start 10 mins ago, it was batery related because the immob was disarming..so I bumped it, is it OK to bump it?

Iceberg Ph1
I have this trouble on my Ph1 172.. Not to sure what the issue is.. I'm off to renault for a new key in a week or so will ask.. but I find if i press the lock/unlock button on the fob whilst turning the key it works everytime..:S
Odd I know...