ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Private plate question....

i have a private plate T3 T*J.

would this be able to go onto a 99 S reg car?

im slightly confused as to what you can do with private plates.

BMW 118d

No, the plate cannot make the car look younger than it is, so ur plate can only go on a car registered T or newer

Ford Fiesta ST2

No you wouldnt be able to as this would make the car look newer than it actually is. In short a private plate can be put on a car as long as the plate is before the actual car registration. E.G. A F reg plate could go on A,B,C,D,E, or F but nothing later.

Hope that makes sense.

Alex

Impreza Turbo

Quote: Originally posted by MattsClio on 14 June 2005
No, the plate cannot make the car look younger than it is, so ur plate can only go on a car registered T or newer

sort of wrong dont you think?

Quote: Originally posted by Alex_gregory_uk on 14 June 2005
No you wouldnt be able to as this would make the car look newer than it actually is. In short a private plate can be put on a car as long as the plate is before the actual car registration. E.G. A F reg plate could go on A,B,C,D,E, or F but nothing later.Hope that makes sense.Alex

Dont you mean it could only be put on an F-reg car or newer? Putting it on an A-reg would make the car seem newer shirley?

Ford Fiesta ST2

Quote: Originally posted by Roy Munson on 14 June 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Alex_gregory_uk on 14 June 2005

No you wouldnt be able to as this would make the car look newer than it actually is. In short a private plate can be put on a car as long as the plate is before the actual car registration. E.G. A F reg plate could go on A,B,C,D,E, or F but nothing later.

Hope that makes sense.

Alex

Dont you mean it could only be put on an F-reg car or newer? Putting it on an A-reg would make the car seem newer shirley?

sh*t, got that totally wrong, Ill shut up now and stop confusing things. Ignore my post!!!! Thatll teach me to think while writing a post!