ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Powerpoint help needed!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I've inserted a movie into a powerpoint presentation (AVI format).

When I close the presentation and re open it the movie just turns into a picture of the first frame of the movie. Can't play it at all, in the presentation or just while in the editing pages.

I haven't moved any files, everything is just how it was. Tried reinserting it a few times and still won't have it. Works fine, until I close and reopen it, then it goes.

Need to sort it tonight, any help appreciated!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
OSX Lion and office 2011

Just found out if I save it as .pptx it works fine, it's when I save as .ppt that I have the problem.

I am not sure what version of powerpoint I need it to run on, so was saving it as .ppt to ensure it is compatible.

LY Megane R26
OSX Lion and office 2011

Just found out if I save it as .pptx it works fine, it's when I save as .ppt that I have the problem.

I am not sure what version of powerpoint I need it to run on, so was saving it as .ppt to ensure it is compatible.

You OK now then?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Well, I don't know lol.

I'll find out tomorrow.

I'm thinking if they have a lesser version of PP I'll just reimport the video into it and not close it. It should work though.