ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Powerflex wishbonebushes; no instruction for welding sleeves..

RS RIP
I have bought some and i know the sleeves have to be tack welded or maybe even a bit more than a couple of tacks.
However mine came without instructions ;

How do i know the correct position of how the sleeve should sit in the arm before/when welding it ? I have a general idea because i have searched :clap: but this is the first question coming to mind as no thread was clear on this.

Lionel Richie
you press the sleeves in and then trial fit the wishbone onto the car to check for clearance before tack welding, you only need a few tacks, 4-5 will do

RS RIP
i had suspected this, thanks Fred.
I read Godspeeds post in a thread that the tackwelds were'nt enough for his driving style (track) , they came loose. Afterwards he made three seem/tig welds, a couple of cm's each.

Lionel Richie
will look neater, but i've never found the need for that, i preheat them before welding, but i kind of know far too much about welding LOL

340i
mine had about 4 tacks on each sleeve... and where still fine after a 3,300 trip around Europe, Swiss Alps, the 'Ring etc.