ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Powerflex upper right engine mount insert

Skoda Citigo/Octavia
Recently picked up a 172 fitted with febi top mounts which have only been on the car a couple of months.

Has anyone used the yellow powerflex insert? How are the vibrations?

Any feedback would be great.

Cheers

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
Its good on its own and controls the engine movement when cornering. Very good for cars running lots of camber.

Had the black one in with vibra technics gearbox mount and black dogbone bushes. Obvious improvement with throttle response and feel but took out it out and just use the gearbox mounts now as started to get more rattles that at the time I cba to find or deal with. The actual vibration once its settled isnt too bad though..

Skoda Citigo/Octavia
The car currently using Evol Dogbone Mount which already feels like its already adding some vibrations low down, wasn't sure how much much worse the insert would make it as i use this as a daily.

Cheers

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
The car currently using Evol Dogbone Mount which already feels like its already adding some vibrations low down, wasn't sure how much much worse the insert would make it as i use this as a daily.

Cheers

I find the evol mount terrible for a road car. Causes far too much vibration as there is no give at my all. It is brilliant for track use though. The upper Powerflex insert is not too bad.

If just for road use new standard mounts are fine imo. The lower dog bone inserts and upper insert if you want a bit less movement. Solid mounts for track use unless you like loads of vibrations!!!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
The evol mount i run daily is spot on, no issues and has improved things.

Coupled with the insert it was harsh.

Skoda Citigo/Octavia
Thanks guys,

I know clios are rattly but it does seem to vibrate a lot more than i remember my standard 172 cup ever did! On the plus side gear changes are beautiful and precise, i really couldn't believe how good the box felt when i first drove it, much better than some brand new cars i've had!

How much is a standard mount?

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I got a brand new Kangoo engine mounts on mine and there's next to no movement.