ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Power Tool Perverts

Beauvais Motorsport

ClioSport Club Member
Ended up mounting the dro to the original mounting for the old dro, just with an extended arm. Also bolted the switch panel to the arm so its now not at ankle height, much better. Still have to align the z axis and fit the rest but its nearly done!

IMG_0326.JPG

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
Picked up a titan planer to level up a few floor joists, I'm always pretty impressed with the quality of them for the price, always my go to for tools I don't use very often.
View attachment 1638359

Most of us could get up at 6am, have a green shake, go for a 6 mile run, have another green shake, take a cold shower, brainstorm our day, lean on a Lambo like AndrewTate and with all the best intentions in the world and greatest most expensive tools at our disposal, we’d produce the same quality of work as if we used MacAlister or titan.

Beauvais Motorsport

ClioSport Club Member
Z aligned and tested. Very happy with the results, I think I need to put a little less pressure on the height gauge. Considering the gauge and the calipers are 10um I think this is perfectly good for an old dinosaur, helps having the haimer probe!

Cable management will be done when the rest of the scales are fitted. Y should be much easier as less to do and more space.

Untitled.png

IMG_0330.JPG

IMG_0331.JPG

IMG_0332.JPG

IMG_0333.JPG

IMG_0334.JPG

Aimed for 7mm. I think If I can be with 0.01+- Ill be chuffed.

IMG_0336.JPG

Just need to fit the dro to the colchester, then the small lathe for sale 😒 fun.. Should up the value though.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Spot on what you say, titan are almost disposable power tools for the price yet the quality is brilliant.

Warranty is fantastic too whenever I've had to use it
Another vote for Titan. We have a 2 stroke brush cutter / strimmer. We have a large allotment and it's had a lot of hard use for 5 years and still going strong. I had to replace the carb last year for £10. Other than that it's been spot on 👍

997.1, Caddy, e208
So my dewalt dcd796 Chuck has been getting stuck closed after only 2 years of light usage.
Rather than use any form of warranty or common sense, i decided to dismantle it to replace the Chuck, one step required a nice which i don’t own so i got pissed off and threw it in the bin.

Naturally, i need a new 18V drill.

This has resulted in me looking at 6pc kits but I’m unsure I’ll use an angle grinder or circular saw.

I want a drill, impact driver, I have a kielder impact wrench so not fussed on that but would be nice to have just one brand - the kielder is a bit big so the Milwaukee m12fir looks nice.

Do any retailers ever offer a buy x units, save 20% or anything?

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Its going to be a wookie kit, I can sense it now.

Angle grinders are amazing, couldn't live without kind of tools, once you have one I bet you will 100% use it. I like the M12 stuff but the angle grinder is M18 only and tbh all the M18 stuff looks a bit more useful.

997.1, Caddy, e208
Its going to be a wookie kit, I can sense it now.

Angle grinders are amazing, couldn't live without kind of tools, once you have one I bet you will 100% use it. I like the M12 stuff but the angle grinder is M18 only and tbh all the M18 stuff looks a bit more useful.
Yeah I was considering this

But adding in the M12FIR, maybe I’ll need a saw more in Poland as I don’t plan on doing much diy here but the house will be built for us moving there, so aside from a little work in the garden and garage, I can’t foresee much use!

Megane 250
This Milwaukee s**t is getting out of hand.

January I asked about the drill and driver…

Now I have:-

Drill
Driver
1/2” M18 impact
1/2 M12 Stubby
Tyre/Air Pump
M18 angle grinder
Packout impact socket set

But massive improvement over the cheap tools I used to buy that let me down…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recently added the extended 3/8 ratchet to the collection.

And seen 20% off on power tool mate today and added the 3/8 impact socket pack out set to it.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
Im looking at buying a milwaukee m12 inflator. Look like a good bit of kit.
I couldn’t pull the trigger on it, I’ve seen it for £48 or something before but it sits at £80-100 these days.

I got the makita 18v for £38 as I have the batteries.. Amazon bargain.

I have Milwaukee m12, m18 but for some stuff makita is cheap as chips.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Took advantage of the eBay 15% off and bought some more team Teal

Sub compact SDS and the 2x18v 36v one. 😎
Looking forward to drilling big holes in s**t!

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Nice, does it suck too?
Nah I've tried 😢
I do like an orbital sander, but hate buying the sanding discs…

Get yourself a milwaukee 1/4 sheet square sander, you can then just get your paper off a roll and “punch your holes”

best of both worlds…

Go on…. (Whispers) buy more milwaukee, you don’t have enough…
I've bought 50 sheets of mixed for £15 as it was on offer 😂 Got a right bargain as they're like £1 a sheet usually