ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Power steering whining very loud and burning smell

SAAB 93 Aero TTiD SS
As the title says, it gets louder as the revs get higher when turning the wheel. the noise is like an electric wood planer planing a door down, thats the best i can describe it. also as i pulled onto my driveway their was a burning plasticy smell coming from somewhere.

Probably nothing to do with anything, but i did remove my front bumper and driver side wheel arch liner a few hours before to fit a Skoda splitter. could i have unknowingly damaged/knocked something

Would it be stupid to carry on driving it?

Looking for 182
Sounds like your PAS pump might be on it's way out. I had a similar thing (without the burning smell) and it went away once the PAS pump was replaced.

Does it sound like this?

[youtube]6IFSRKJQMYU[/youtube]

SAAB 93 Aero TTiD SS
anybody know if it would do any damage/cause any other problems driving with a knackered pump?

Looking for 182
It was around £400 to fix, but the part itself was only about £120 or so, so if you can fit it yourself or know someone who can fit it you'll be laughing. I think I was ripped off a bit to be honest.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Think I paid £300 for the PAS pump changing with a recon exchange part and new aux belt.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I drove mine about 10 miles in total, was awful to drive but didn't seem to do any harm, but obviously i cant say yours will be the same.