ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Power steering full lock caused issues.

421 Cammed 172
Due to the bad weather lately i've made the extremely stupid mistake of holding the steering on full lock while driving for a long time and as such the power steering now appears to be fooked.

It's having varying assistance levels, sometimes it's hard to steer and then it'll go dead light at other times, it usually makes it light if i give a few revs too.

I haven't had chance to check any fluid levels yet, but any ideas?

Thanks

clio 172
Due to the bad weather lately i've made the extremely stupid mistake of holding the steering on full lock while driving for a long time and as such the power steering now appears to be fooked.

It's having varying assistance levels, sometimes it's hard to steer and then it'll go dead light at other times, it usually makes it light if i give a few revs too.

I haven't had chance to check any fluid levels yet, but any ideas?

Thanks

sorry I cant help you mate.. but just out of curiosity, how did u manage to drive for a long time on full lock? spinning doughnuts or the likes?

1.4 16v soon 2 be 172 rep
some clios are electric power steering so that might need a replacing, turn your car off and pull the steerin wheel to a direction and start the car if the steering gets lighter then its working...

421 Cammed 172
Righto,

There's plenty of fluid in the bottle.

It's not making a screeching noise, it's more of a whining noise.

Where abouts is the PAS Pump and Hoses? (No damn Haynes manuals for these cars)

Thankies.

421 Cammed 172
some clios are electric power steering so that might need a replacing, turn your car off and pull the steerin wheel to a direction and start the car if the steering gets lighter then its working...

Would it still have fluid if it was electric though?