ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Power flow exhaust any good?

cup 182
I'm looking for a sweet sounding system for a 182
Nice grunty burbly type with a wee pop or 2 here and there not one that screams everywhere
Is a sports cat any good or decat ? Pros cons?
I was thinking of getting a cat back power flow but what are folks opinions ?

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Yes I have a powerflow and I will say that it sounds actually nice. It's very quiet with a sports cat, too quiet actually. I run a decat for extra noise. It sounds nice on the blip but driving normally it's like driving a normal car with no drone whatsoever. I do 40 miles a day and I'm 32 so not a young chav anymore. For me it's nice and subtle with noise there if I want it.

I know many people will say that about the exhausts as they are hard to word but I will say, that exhaust need to be heard in person in and out the car. It's Wales hard to tell otherwise.

Build quality is not perfect. There's definitely a difference in quality over a premium brand but it's also cheaper. Mine is a 2.25" system also, which keeps the noise levels down.

I personally don't really like the look of mine but it sounds as i like it and so far it's not broke so itll stay for now.

I've had a powerflow on my old Mazda 6 MPS, it was a custom made 3" with twin pipes and built in decat all for £370.

Sounded so nice, plus you can have them sound however you want with how big (quite) or small (loud) you have the silencers.

Clio Trophy
I had a powerflow system on my old megane for 8 years with no problems, but it will depend where you take it

cup 182
Yes IV heard that aswell some systems are shoddy built
Does a decat make the exhaust loud?
I would enjoy a system that gives a nice sporty throaty rally car type Sound with a pop here and there but stuck with what to get
Not wanting a straight through or an exhaust that wailes and screams like a Jap can

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Standard cat is a 200 cell one yes.

I added a d3cat to mine because mine was just too quiet with a cat in. It was like driving a normal car with a standard exhaust. Tbh though my Powerflow exhaust came on the car so I can't grumble too much.

cup 182
IV got a cat back powerflow exhaust however it sounds just like an aftermarket back box, sounds a little droany and not sporty or rally sounding at all,
What I would like is the Clio to have a nice burble with a pop like an astra vxr with a Remus or a MK2 focus RS
What is the best option?
Would it maybe pop with a decat?
Would it pop being turbocharged?
Or is a pop and bang remap the only way?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Turbo fuel pop
N/a may pop ish with a decat, can't say I've ever noticed with the exhausts I've had.

N/a will pop and burble with a decat etc if it's running badly

Pop and bang remap are pretty crap