ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Powder-coat alloys or get a Rs-tuner...

Clio 182
As in title, I cannot decide whether to get my alloys powder-coated (Currently standard alloy silver, standard 182 alloys) or buy an RS-tuner. I'm currently suffering from a lumpy idle in which I've read that RS tuners solves.

Plus if I were to get my alloys done, i'm thinking a dark gun mental? Or gloss black however, this has now been done to death.

Decisions decisions...

Personally I care more about how the car drives.. So I will always try and sort out the running gear of a car before doing the bodywork (but that's just me).

I need my wheels refurbished at the moment, but I am putting it at the end of the list of things to do as it wont change how the car drives! From the photos of your car the wheels on it currently look in decent condition! You could paint them yourself to save you some money?

I have the 98ron map from a RS Tuner and couldn't recommend it enough.

Clio 182
Personally I care more about how the car drives.. So I will always try and sort out the running gear of a car before doing the bodywork (but that's just me).

I need my wheels refurbished at the moment, but I am putting it at the end of the list of things to do as it wont change how the car drives! From the photos of your car the wheels on it currently look in decent condition! You could paint them yourself to save you some money?

I have the 98ron map from a RS Tuner and couldn't recommend it enough.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah my alloys are in mint condition, I just thought it would be a shame to DIY them. Think i'm going to go for RS-tuner. Just about to buy a new exhaust and just fitted my K-tec induction kit, I think the Tuner will just finish it off (driving wise).

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Buy RS tuner, buy the unlock code and maps, use the RS tuner, sell the RS tuner, get alloys powder coated. Win win!!

Clio 182
Buy RS tuner, buy the unlock code and maps, use the RS tuner, sell the RS tuner, get alloys powder coated. Win win!!

Why did I not think of this ha, might just buy it brand new from fast-chip seems easier and very similar in price.