ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Posting From My MBP...

I suppose it depends on the uses, and maybe a bit of luck, but personally I find Safari to be ideal. I certainly have no need to try another browser in OSX. It has crashed maybe twice since I've been using it (Safari, not OSX) and each time it's been due to Flash.

LOL I just inhaled through my keyboard and you're right. It smells of epic. I think they use unicorn piss as a lubricant/coolant when they machine it from a solid billet of Gallywinium, and it weeps out over time :approve:

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Gallywinium, FLOL!

I actually couldn't help myself after reading that and did the same, awesome!!!

Roy, Chrome is a pretty awesome browser if you haven't given it a go.

Been on it all afternoon and not even started college work yet, I really bloody like it now. Awesome machine.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
They are a work of art. I'm Rolfing at the inhaling going on with you apple geeks!

Posting from a Dellol.

Photobucket has changed recently, like the last week.

You don't have to copy the text anymore and you don't select it, you just click and it copies it to your clipboard.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Revels, I literally can't click it, it's like the whole thing is a totally flat image. I'm not sure if it was just safari, I know you could just click and it'd copy it automatically but it certainly wasn't doing that.

Feirny, I'll see what I can do. (But without sounding really gay, I don't like the idea of her having her stick paws on it)

Revels, I literally can't click it, it's like the whole thing is a totally flat image. I'm not sure if it was just safari, I know you could just click and it'd copy it automatically but it certainly wasn't doing that.

Feirny, I'll see what I can do. (But without sounding really gay, I don't like the idea of her having her stick paws on it)

Make her wear gloves?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Photobucket has changed recently, like the last week.

You don't have to copy the text anymore and you don't select it, you just click and it copies it to your clipboard.

Its done that for a very long time....just looks different now is all ;)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
FLOL! :(

I only haven't changed it because all my image files and photoshop are on my PC, I went to turn it on earlier, but it made me feel a little sick

He could have at least kept the FRP in the background.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Ok so I've just downloaded Coconut Battery... it says my mac is 3 weeks old?

Is this just the original build date? Or has my mac been used before me??

Also I've only got 98% capacity?

All of these ok?

RS200
Ok so I've just downloaded Coconut Battery... it says my mac is 3 weeks old?

Is this just the original build date? Or has my mac been used before me??

Also I've only got 98% capacity?

All of these ok?

Yeah coconut battery isn't all that accurate for the 13" MacBooks I don't think due to them having slightly lower capacity than the others. So I've read on google anyway.

Mine said 98% when it was only hours old too.

Coconut Battery reports my 13" as being low. c.95% depending on the time of day. Don't worry too much.

Do not get into the habit, as some do, of constantly draining it. That will do no good at all. Use the battery hard but keep it charged, and don't be afraid to leave it plugged in for hours/days. I make a point of calibrating all my Mac batteries at least once a month to keep them healthy. Saturate them on a charge, and then leave to totally drain (and switch off). Then charge them again and use normally for another month. IMO not normally leaving it plugged into the mains will do no good at all. They can happily survive on mains use, so long as you work the battery hard from time to time, and calibrate it often. I've used this ethos on my 17" MBP battery and it's strong as an Ox.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I've learnt my lesson with completely draining batteries already Roy, shan't be doing it with the MBP.

I'm letting it run right down at the moment, as with it coming partially charged, I'd like to start from scratch.

I'm about to post a new thread up with a few retarded questions in, but hopefully that'll be my lot.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Coconut Battery reports my 13" as being low. c.95% depending on the time of day. Don't worry too much.

Do not get into the habit, as some do, of constantly draining it. That will do no good at all. Use the battery hard but keep it charged, and don't be afraid to leave it plugged in for hours/days. I make a point of calibrating all my Mac batteries at least once a month to keep them healthy. Saturate them on a charge, and then leave to totally drain (and switch off). Then charge them again and use normally for another month. IMO not normally leaving it plugged into the mains will do no good at all. They can happily survive on mains use, so long as you work the battery hard from time to time, and calibrate it often. I've used this ethos on my 17" MBP battery and it's strong as an Ox.

What software do you use for recording this and calibrating?

Link?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Ah, makes better sense now, I thought it was a feature, not an app. Hence why I was unable to find it.

Right, I'm going to try to do things on my own from now on..

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
If I'm not asking publicly, I won't continue to sound like a n00b, so yes.

But it'll be 'Topher, as you're mean, and Tom hates me right now.

I already have another quibble about not being able to close a finder window and it just staying the dock, but I'm guessing that's just how Mac's work.

Oh and 900MB software update? Jesus!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Ok, one more question, and this one's not retarded in the slightest.

Basically, I've formatted my computer once since owning my iPhone 4, and once my iPhone decided it didn't recognise my laptop and wanted me to start again...

So I've just activated it on my MBP, and now I've used four of my five available accounts?!?!??

Can apple reset this for me? As it's obviously utter BS and now I'm guessing I can only ever use 1 more computer with it etc?

How does this affect resale too? Or is this just for my iTunes account?

Abarth 500 Essesse
Go to account in iTunes and click reset the authorised computers, it's just the amount of computers that are authorised to play items purchased through iTunes..

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Ok, one more question, and this one's not retarded in the slightest.

Basically, I've formatted my computer once since owning my iPhone 4, and once my iPhone decided it didn't recognise my laptop and wanted me to start again...

So I've just activated it on my MBP, and now I've used four of my five available accounts?!?!??

Can apple reset this for me? As it's obviously utter BS and now I'm guessing I can only ever use 1 more computer with it etc?

How does this affect resale too? Or is this just for my iTunes account?

If/When you hit the magic 5 you'll get the option in your iTunes account to deauthorise all computers, this resets you back down to zero. You can only do this once every 12 months though.

Obviously you'd then need to re-authorise the computers which you did want to access the iTunes content.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I have to say if you can't find something out from CS, google has no chance!

<3

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Unless you want your lovely black keys to tarnish, give them a quick wipe after each use with the cloth they give you. It keeps them nice and matte.

Also, use the extension cord to brain anyone who touches your glossy screen. It drives me MENTAL.

What software do you use for recording this and calibrating?

Link?

No software other than Coconut Battery. The calibrating is just Apples recommended procedure, and it works. My pal used to pretty much constantly drain his battery and then recharge. After suggesting Coconut Battery to him, we saw that his capacity was like 84% and after a few cycles my way (give me an honest run. If you do, I'm gonna beat ya) CB was soon reporting 95%

Constantly draining them is not good. They need varied use, and a complete saturate/drain/saturate cycle around once a month. Keeps them tip-top. My 17" battery is a freak. Lasts longer than the 13 when actually doing stuff.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
So it should. lol. The 17" MBP's battery is huge, and the extra hardware doesn't use that much more.

I'll give that a try later. I'm currently cycling it, but I'll run Coconut later. Cheers.

I'm not sure what mines on, but I was cycling it.

It's currently sat gathering dust, gets used on a Sunday morning when I don't want to get out of bed, otherwise it's iMac.

Epic laptop that I keep to use once a week. Lolz. Will sell it and buy the iPad2 TBH.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I hate desktops, if I didn't, I'd have an iMac.

(Although the "Squat" I'm moving into will now have an iMac and my MBP, and a game monster PC desktop, and a pc laptop) FLOL!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I'm not sure what mines on, but I was cycling it.

It's currently sat gathering dust, gets used on a Sunday morning when I don't want to get out of bed, otherwise it's iMac.

Epic laptop that I keep to use once a week. Lolz. Will sell it and buy the iPad2 TBH.

iPadS? iPadUSB2? iNowactuallycouldseemyselfbuyingaPad?