ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Posting From My MBP...

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Bought it yesterday, but was SRS ill so didn't really get to use it at all.

So after only managing to turn it on and register etc. I've just turned it back on and love it so far. :)

Can see how it's going to take some time to get really used to, I used to be a very "quick" computer user, so to get to the same level on this will take me a while.

Nearly had an interesting moment in the apple store when they asked why my mate was paying on someone else's card. (lol)

Pics to follow: (Once I charge my iPhone)

Oh and the smell... <3

P.s, Tom if you read this, I'll change it back later today when I get back on my old computer :eek:

Oh and I intend to fill this thread with questions over the next few days, the first:

On a pc you can move through text one word at a time by holding control, but on the mac it moves a whole line at a time, is there a button to move just a word?

Last edited:
Another convert :approve:

It won't take long to get accustomed to OSX. There will be a few instances where you're like WTF? A quick Google will reveal all. It's pretty simple TBH. You can't really do much wrong. If you're a power user, as you suggest, then you'll probably want to start using Terminal.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Another convert :approve:

It won't take long to get accustomed to OSX. There will be a few instances where you're like WTF? A quick Google will reveal all. It's pretty simple TBH. You can't really do much wrong. If you're a power user, as you suggest, then you'll probably want to start using Terminal.

Terminal? Interesting.

I've got a shed load of college work to complete before Tuesday, so until then I'll be stuck on my poverty spec PC.

I almost feel like a better person though. :D

Terminal is pretty much a command window. You'll need it if you want to start properly playing around. I've only used it once for showing hidden folders. Some of the stuff you took for granted in Windows isn't readily available in the OSX GUI.

Once you've had Mac you don't turn back. My G5 with iSight is reaching old age now but still as faultless and rapid as the day I bought it. I just wish I had the spare cash to replace it with one of the newer models, goal for next year I think.

Also say goodbye to "Errr...not sure why TBH but Windows cannot eject this drive because err...well f**k knows really. You'll have to shutdown or risk hot plugging it. Your choice"

OSX = Bang. Done.

Also say goodbye to "Errr...not sure why TBH but Windows cannot eject this drive because err...well f**k knows really. You'll have to shutdown or risk hot plugging it. Your choice"

OSX = Bang. Done.

Not necessarily.

screenshot20101212at130.png

I get this every time I try and eject my Time Machine. Can't wait 'til I buy my 27" next month and get to reformat this f**king MacBook.

Rob, to reset my browser (Opera) view to 100%, it's cmd + 0, not sure what you're using though.

Ahh righto. never experienced it myself. Not with my Time Machine partition or any other disc/partition. I suppose at least there's the option to force eject :D

MBP is full of win.

I got mine back in September, courtesy of the Education store ;) I love every bit about it and to think some people were trying to talk me out of spending this much money on one!!! Idiots.

Abarth 500 Essesse
Just use your fingers on the touchpad Rob, the same as on an iPhone to zoom in and out on a photo.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Very nice indeed.

Cheers for that. FLOL.

Anyone know the answer to the moving through text question I added to the OP?

Oh, and I took some shocking pics which don't do it justice. I'll add some good ones tomorrow.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Alt (option) + arrow left or right will go through text one word at a time.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Once you've had Mac you don't turn back. My G5 with iSight is reaching old age now but still as faultless and rapid as the day I bought it. I just wish I had the spare cash to replace it with one of the newer models, goal for next year I think.

My G4 PowerBook is going into retirement on Thursday night. The PMC is fucked and both batteries that I have are now fucked, the charger connection is loose now so that when I move it, it turns off and I have to reboot and then set the clock up. Other than that, its still bloody quick considering it's age!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Hmmmm, now it seems that photobucket doesn't work very well on mac either, i.e I can use the little rollover box that pops up copy an image code.

Very annoying.

Anyway some really bad "I'm ill and only have an iphone to take pictures" pictures.

Ok, no pictures at all...

Why doesn't photobucket work?

I literally can't copy the

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
i use photobucket on mac and have no issue with the roll over thing?? u using safari??

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Yeah just standard broswer.

I physically can't copy the link.

When I finally managed to copy one, by clicking share etc, then copying something... There's nothing there to paste? :(

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
No idea then, I've figured out a super long winded way of posting them anyway, so here's my beautiful (but seemingly f**king useless) MBP:

IMG_1080.jpg

IMG_1081.jpg

IMG_1090.jpg

IMG_1093.jpg

IMG_1094.jpg

Oh great, and auto-resize doesn't work.

The images just stick out of the side of the forum.

I'm going to smash it in a minute...

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I'll get chrome soon, I've just really got to try and start this college work so need to stop messing about on this beautiful piece of kit.

The autoresize issue was due to me being zoomed in. :eek:

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Chrome. Solves all the issues you're having.

I got a brand new 15" yesterday. <3 Applecare.

I had another epic, opening-the-box moment. :eek:

192292d2.jpg

Last edited:

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Very noice indeed, I do like the 15, but for my needs the 13 makes so much more sense. Smaller, lighter, better battery. Sorted.

Why did you get a new one then 'Topher?

Oh and the box opening is EPIC

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Recurring fault with the iSight camera/light sensor. They replaced it and it was still faulty, so the only option left was to replace the whole logic board.

Instead of making me wait for a second repair, they transferred all my data to a brand new machine and sent me on my way. :cool: