ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Possible Project - Clio Williams 2

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Long story short my initial plan was to buy a Clio V6 but due to the amount of mileage I do I feel I will never touch it. When I was about 15 and still at school a friends, parents used to pick him up in a Clio Williams (I used to always think how cool it was) anyways now 22 I have the chance to buy this car. I went to look at it just over the weekend. Its been off the road for 4 years however the car has only had 1 owner and the service history is fantastic, this has everyting! including the original invoice when purchased, rather exciting as I love stuff like this.

As in the title its a Williams 2, M registerd. The car has been SORN and has no MOT or Tax. The bodywork does need some work its only really the rear arces that have rust, everywhere else is clean. It will need cambelt/water pump done although it was done just before being taken of the road I think this is essential. Underneath looks okay, CV boots etc all tidy maybe a bit rusty on track rod ends etc but I think this is just surface rust.

I'm looking for advice on how much this is worth. Also some questions below.

In regards to the oil pressure gauge what should this be sitting at?
The rear arches need repaired for rust and re sprayed, any advice here?
Oil/coolant looks okay however the actual radiator has some white residue on the actual front (not inside etc) and may be leaking sligtly, any ideas here? Coolant/oil is clean.

Any other info or advice is very welcome!

Thanks,
Ben