ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Possible Oil Leak? Help Needed!

Astra Twintop
Hello

Was topping up my water this morning and noticed a little pool of oil.

DSC00007.gif

in the photo, its pooled up where the collection of bolts are.

it was fresh oil, as it was honey coloured.

Couldn't see where it was coming from, or how long its been there?

Do i need to start panicking yet?
Im probably going to pop it down to a garage at some point as im ever so slightly worried!

2003 03 1.6 16Valve
45k Miles
Serviced Recentley

(cant seem to rotate the photo either!)

Clio Sport 182
lookin at that it looks like the cam seal that's in the head have you had a cambelt change lately ?

Clio Sport 182
i bet its that black round seal clean the area around it with brake cleaner and then watch it for a bit it will probably weep out from that seal they might not have got it in right or caught it putting it back in

Clio Sport 182
DSC00007.gif

all i can see is a pool of oil at the bottom of the black cam seal or it looks like one to me can you get a closer pic ?

Astra Twintop
ill pop out there 2moro, get some proper fotos

it has gathered there, i cleaned as much up as i could.

Clio Sport 182
that looks probably the most likely place it will be coming from then running down the rest of the head

BMW M135i
If its leaking out the cam end seal then its just a case of prising that one out, cleaning the face up if necessary and knocking a new one in. Although i've never had one leak yet and it looks properly fitted.